The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hiya, i applied to imperial, for medicine, nd haven't heard nething, not an aknowledgment letter or nething! :frown: what did u apply 2?
don't worry about it, cos what can we do about it?
Reply 2
Quite a few students in my school received acknowledgements from IC but lots of other students applying there have not received anything yet. Two students (applying for medicine) have received interviews, they didn't receive anything about it through the post (but it could still be in the post backlog) but they were contacted by e-mail. I really wouldn't worry about it, it seems like (at my school anyway) that only the people who submitted their forms well in advance are hearing back so soon.
Reply 3
C0nnie
hiya, i applied to imperial, for medicine, nd haven't heard nething, not an aknowledgment letter or nething! :frown: what did u apply 2?

Hi, I applied environmental science. Some of my friends received the acknowledgement letter from Imperial College. I post my UCAS application form on 10th,Oct. But I haven't received anything from Imperial College. Will we be rejected?? I plan to phone them tomorrow. I will let you know when I get any news. OK?
Reply 4
Lucy
Quite a few students in my school received acknowledgements from IC but lots of other students applying there have not received anything yet. Two students (applying for medicine) have received interviews, they didn't receive anything about it through the post (but it could still be in the post backlog) but they were contacted by e-mail. I really wouldn't worry about it, it seems like (at my school anyway) that only the people who submitted their forms well in advance are hearing back so soon.

What about the students haven't received acknowledgement letter? It that means they have/will be rejected?? The ack-letter should be received in few days after posting UCAS application form. But I haven't got it since I post UCAS form one month ago! I'm worried about the consideration of my application at Imperial College. :frown:
Reply 5
C0nnie

I have phoned the addmission office of Imperial college today! They said don't worry, not all the deapartments send acknowledgement letters to applicants. They told me they haven't started considering any applications in their department, but they will do it shortly. Wait, calm down, don't worry. :smile:
matthew0421
Who applied Imperial College and had heard back some information(interview,ect)? Please let me know. I haven't got any information from Imperial, when is the very latest to get their reply?? I'm worried about it, please help me.

Oh,come on, someone reply this thread please!!

i applied on oct 15th and have an interview next wednesday - but most of my m8s havent even recieved confirmation and they have straight As - so its just department orrientated.
Reply 7
I have an interview at imperial for computing tomorrow!

Anyone else got an interview tomorrow? Do I need to wear a shirt?
Good Luck :smile:
Goat
I have an interview at imperial for computing tomorrow!

Anyone else got an interview tomorrow? Do I need to wear a shirt?

Best not to go naked on top! sorry - my humour.
Seriously though, if you think it's worth applying to IC then isn't it worth making an effort with what you wear?
Opinions are formed with seconds of walking into a room, if you look scruffy they may think you have a scruffy mind. Wear a shirt! (oh, and trousers!) and GOOD LUCK.
Reply 10
Unregistered11
Seriously though, if you think it's worth applying to IC then isn't it worth making an effort with what you wear?
Opinions are formed with seconds of walking into a room, if you look scruffy they may think you have a scruffy mind. Wear a shirt! (oh, and trousers!) and GOOD LUCK.

What if I wear a smart top and reasonably smart jeans? I have to wear a shirt every day of my life!

Will they think im not interested in going there if I dont make an effort with what I wear?
Unregistered11

are you havin a giraffe!! who cares what you wear - theyll tell if your uncomfortable a mile off.....im just wearin everyday clothes 2 my interview - mayb im hopelessly misguided but i like 2 think three As says more about me than a t-shirt n jeans!......and be4 u quote me sum random figures of percentages of ppl accpeted wearing blue n white striped shirts, my bruva got in 2 imperial n he wore shorts 2 his interview!!!
Goat
What if I wear a smart top and reasonably smart jeans? I have to wear a shirt every day of my life!

Will they think im not interested in going there if I dont make an effort with what I wear?

I think, from a female perspective, that you would look great if you were reasonably smart. If you have to wear a shirt every day of your life why make an exception for your interview particularly as it's important?
Don't you agree that anyone in a position of selecting a person for something would look more favourably on the one who had made an obvious effort with their presentation, whether it be CV, portfolio or outfit?
Reply 13
My friend had an interview today at IC for medicine - she said that almost everyone was wearing suits (all the males were and females were wearing at least a shirt and smart trousers/skirt). I think that if everyone else is making the effort to look smart then it reflects better if you are as well.
Reply 14
Okies I'm a CS student (Imperial) and this is how it is:
If you have been called to interview (this week and next) you have a place. The interview is just there for you to loose your place. They just want to check that your abilities aren't just in exam papers; that you can discuss topics with a tutor, that you can communicate and thirdly that you are not a 'tard. Coming dressed in shabby clothes will set off alarm bells in the interviewer's head. No matter how many people tell you it doesn't matter what you wear you have to remember that the interviewers are human. Its natural to have more confidence in someone wearing a suit. Be ready for a few simple questions (maths) and don't be afraid to say you don't know or that u'd like some help. Have a few sensible questions ready ("What is the logic component like....How many lectures will i have.....)

You'll sail though.

John
Reply 15
Unregistered69
i applied on oct 15th and have an interview next wednesday - but most of my m8s havent even recieved confirmation and they have straight As - so its just department orrientated.

which course are you applying for?
matthew0421
which course are you applying for?

chemical engineerin - but thats pretty undersubscribed so makes sense that id o heard bak!!....no1 from my college whos applied 4 science corses there have heard bak from em....

if my grades r higher than they request n i have interview - is the liklihood that i will recieve an offer??
Reply 17
Unregistered69
chemical engineerin - but thats pretty undersubscribed so makes sense that id o heard bak!!....no1 from my college whos applied 4 science corses there have heard bak from em....

if my grades r higher than they request n i have interview - is the liklihood that i will recieve an offer??

Hi, I planned to apply Chem eng; but I changed my mind. I applied Envi-sci. They usually ask ABB for Chem eng. What's your AS grade? When did you receive the reply from Imperial?
matthew0421
Hi, I planned to apply Chem eng; but I changed my mind. I applied Envi-sci. They usually ask ABB for Chem eng. What's your AS grade? When did you receive the reply from Imperial?

As in chem n maths n a b in bio....but im predicted 3 As

got my invitation 2 tha interview on 29th o october.....
Reply 19
When I applied for Imperial medicine 2 years ago I got an acknowledgment letter a few days after the deadline saying that they had received it and that I should wait. I got a letter late October for an interview in early November, and got my reply about 10ish days later.

They may have changed it around since then. Interviews have already started and don't finish till March and there's no difference when you get an interview.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending