The Student Room Group

health & social - advice

has anyone done AVCE Health & Social?? i'm doing the double award & am not sure what units i want to choose, if anyone has done it or can tell me about any interesting units wud b grate ful.
am thinkin bout doin

mental health
anatomy & physiology
family & social trends
complementary therapy
creative activities in the care setting
the role of exercise in maintaining health and well being.

xxxxx
Reply 1
crazy_cutie44
has anyone done AVCE Health & Social?? i'm doing the double award & am not sure what units i want to choose, if anyone has done it or can tell me about any interesting units wud b grate ful.
am thinkin bout doin

mental health
anatomy & physiology
family & social trends
complementary therapy
creative activities in the care setting
the role of exercise in maintaining health and well being.

xxxxx

I am doing it and so is Gina17 and she did Mental health and i have done family and social trends
Reply 2
LadyFadge
I am doing it and so is Gina17 and she did Mental health and i have done family and social trends

yep do you know what units you have to do and which ones you are allowed to choose?

mental health was an interesting one and it was easy to find out information about it because it is a lot more common than people think!
Reply 3
Gina17
yep do you know what units you have to do and which ones you are allowed to choose?

mental health was an interesting one and it was easy to find out information about it because it is a lot more common than people think!

i can choose any of the units from 7-25

wud u say autism is classed as mental health problem?
Reply 4
crazy_cutie44

yes it is!

it what unit 7 that i done this - health promotion and i chose mental health!
Reply 5
crazy_cutie44

Unit 7 is the health promotion Unit isnt it?
Autism is under the mental health yes. Sorry i am a psychology student to
Reply 6
LadyFadge
Unit 7 is the health promotion Unit isnt it?
Autism is under the mental health yes. Sorry i am a psychology student to

i werent sure if autism was classed as mental health thou cuz ma teacher sed it werent.

i will use it now thou n ma life is guna b so much easier. xx
Reply 7
ive just give in my creative activities assignment on Tuesday and i have got to say it was the worst one ive done so far you have to do 2 plans, both plans need to activities .1 plan u will implement, the other you just say what u would do! so all together u will do 4 activities - it is boring and feels like u are repeating yourself!! but in the same respect it is so easy that u cant really get a bad mark!! ive done so far: Equal opportunities, Communications, Physical aspscts of health, Human growth and development, Research, Creative activities, Legal and ethical aspects of health, social policy and creative activites-the boring 1!! im doing unit 5 and 14 next!!
Reply 8
I think that u should choose creative activities in a care enviroment. It is intresting and easy to get a good grade. Also working in a care organisation. Let me know which 1's u choose.

Anth
Reply 9
ive just got my mark for creative activities - got an A.
i agree with u that it is an easy assignment but i dont agree that it is interesting!! what is interesting about it???
its common sense knowing how to carry out an activity surely u done lots of activities with kids, friends, family etc so where is the point?? i think its a waste of time but u will get a good grade for it!!

Latest

Trending

Trending