The Student Room Group

Can I still get into leeds uni for nursing

I want to apply for adult nursing at university of leeds, however after doing my a levels I got the grades CDE in biology chemistry and psychology, im currently at my local college doing a CACHE level three health and social care course for a year to receive the certificate with a grade worth 1 and a half a levels in ucas points (D-A*) and im currently predicted an A

The nursing degree states you need 120 ucas points, which im sure ill achieve after this course, but im not sure if I still have a chance at applying due to my A level grades. Any advice? Im also live close by and am elligible for the access to leeds program
Original post by emma_111111
I want to apply for adult nursing at university of leeds, however after doing my a levels I got the grades CDE in biology chemistry and psychology, im currently at my local college doing a CACHE level three health and social care course for a year to receive the certificate with a grade worth 1 and a half a levels in ucas points (D-A*) and im currently predicted an A

The nursing degree states you need 120 ucas points, which im sure ill achieve after this course, but im not sure if I still have a chance at applying due to my A level grades. Any advice? Im also live close by and am elligible for the access to leeds program

You say, "The nursing degree states you need 120 ucas points". Can you provide the link to the web page where it says that?

The main Nursing (Adult) BSc page, here, makes no mention of UCAS points. Have you merely converted what that actually say, "Typical A-level offer BBB" into UCAS points yourself?

It does say that they accept CACHE Grade A Health and Social Care Level 3 Extended Diploma. You say that you're "doing a CACHE level three health and social care course". Which course are you doing?

NCFE CACHE Level 3 Applied General Award in Health and Social Care 603/2913/0
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Applied General Certificate in Health and Social Care 603/2914/2
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care 601/6108/5
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care 601/6109/7
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care 601/6110/3
NCFE CACHE Technical Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care 601/8434/6
NCFE CACHE Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care 601/8435/8

If you're doing it over one year, I suspect it isn't the Extended Diploma, but I might be wrong. You say, "to receive the certificate with a grade worth 1 and a half a levels in ucas points (D-A*)" that suggests that perhaps its the "NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care". Is that right?

Once you've establish exactly what qualification you're taking right now, contact [email protected] and ask them what grade you would need to achieve in it, alongside your existing CDE at A level, to meet their entry requirements. When you have non-standard qualifications, or combinations of qualifications (e.g. CACHE and A levels), the only way to be sure what they'll accept is to ask them. (Don't forget to tell them that you're eligible for Access to Leeds.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending