The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Wait. I will soon post in detail, how to prepare a Business Plan. But not in this thread.
Reply 61
Familiarize Business Terms
Reply 63
Does anybody have the toolkit - I would be really grateful to receive it.

Also, do you think the issue of ethics is going to be in this i.e. whilst Tesco is a formidable marketing force, and has expanded beyond most people's expectations, should the local governments have curbed this growth to save local sole trader retailers and the local economy?

Tesco's growth forces discussion about unfair competition and destruction of the UK high street.

Maybe elasticity of demand could come into this, as well as pricing policy i.e. the use of loss leaders to entice people into Tesco and away from local retailers - they can't afford to compete so eventually go bankrupt, at which time Tesco puts the prices up as there's no competition left.

Any thoughts?
Reply 64
Here is a link to some interesting and relevant news articles, from the time when all the other case material was taken - one of these articles could be the key to the exam:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/tesco?page=16
Reply 65
hey im posting Unit 3 questions
Reply 66
1a) Using the context distinguish between capital and Revenue expenditure. (4mrks)

b) Analyse reasons why Tesco plc mus distinguish between its capital and Revenue Expenditure. (6 Marks)

c(1) Explain the difference between profit and Cash in Financial Statements. (4 mrks)

(2) Using Appendix 3 evaluate the likely consequences of continuing net cah on the financial management of Di and Donny's Dairy FArm. (16 mrks)

2(a) Using the context assess the extent to which Break-even analysis is a suitable financial tool for a Tesco supplier such as Di and Donny's Dairy Farm. (10mrks)

(b) Discuss the importance of working capital in the financial management of Tesco plc. (10mrks)

(c) Analyse the usefullness of budgeting to Tesco plc in its financial management. (10 mrks)
Reply 67
Does any1 want unit 2 Questions?
Reply 68
yup...eagerly waiting for unit 2 questionS>..
Reply 69
shoud we start writing up the answers and posting? wat say? like before, each of us take one or two questions, write up da ansaz and post em up...
Reply 70
Hey Nes these are the unit 2 questions i have:

1(a) Analyse ways in which Tesco plc might achieve economies of scale. (7mrks)

(b) Assess the likely importance of staff training to the future success of Tesco plc. (11mrks)

(C) Define the term Quality Assurance. (2mrks)

2) Identify and explain the marketing mix elements of Tesco plc. (20 mrks)

3(a) Analyse the importance of having a wider range to a company such as Tesco plc. (10mks)

(b) Evaluate the extent to which cost based pricing might be appropriate to Tesco plc. (10mrks)
Reply 71
Nes
yup...eagerly waiting for unit 2 questionS>..

OK i have posted the questions.
Reply 72
arabianleo
OK i have posted the questions.

thanks!:p:
Reply 73
Guys I have uploaded some of the notes on Unit 4 in the following thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post18155275
Reply 74
strai8
Guys I have uploaded some of the notes on Unit 4 in the following thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post18155275

hey there...by any chance..hav u got n e unit 6 notes???:p: :p:
Reply 75
does anyone have questions for unit 3???
Reply 76
Nes
hey there...by any chance..hav u got n e unit 6 notes???:p: :p:

I have. I will try to upload it soon. Let me see whatz the respone of the Unit 4 notes that i have uploaded
Reply 77
strai8
I have. I will try to upload it soon. Let me see whatz the respone of the Unit 4 notes that i have uploaded

hey the unit 4 notes are very good and helpful..thanks alot for them..could you also upload notes for unit5 and unit 6..
thanks alot
Reply 78
nipzi
does anyone have questions for unit 3???

i posted some question already. go through the link you'll see them.
Reply 79
These are the Unit 3 Questions!

1a) Using the context distinguish between capital and Revenue expenditure. (4mrks)

b) Analyse reasons why Tesco plc mus distinguish between its capital and Revenue Expenditure. (6 Marks)

c(1) Explain the difference between profit and Cash in Financial Statements. (4 mrks)

(2) Using Appendix 3 evaluate the likely consequences of continuing net cah on the financial management of Di and Donny's Dairy FArm. (16 mrks)

2(a) Using the context assess the extent to which Break-even analysis is a suitable financial tool for a Tesco supplier such as Di and Donny's Dairy Farm. (10mrks)

(b) Discuss the importance of working capital in the financial management of Tesco plc. (10mrks)

(c) Analyse the usefullness of budgeting to Tesco plc in its financial management. (10 mrks)

Latest

Trending

Trending