OP. You're in my spot.

:rofl3:

Nice one.
This show sucks...
BAZINGA!
Original post by Egirl127
This show sucks...
BAZINGA!

Do you mean the 9th season? if yes, so I agree. The show is not so witty as in the eight seasons before.
Original post by Kallisto
Do you mean the 9th season? if yes, so I agree. The show is not so witty as in the eight seasons before.

No no, i was joking. The bazinga?!
Original post by Egirl127
No no, i was joking. The bazinga?!

That's what I thought! When someone else takes it seriously you really start doubting yourself..
Original post by Jennie1987
Oh gosh don't start fan fiction, the parallel storylines are so unending in possibility! We only learn about Amy trying to have friends much later when she has been normalised so are there two Amys? Did they completely change her character with the assumption to ignore the one they initially created? I loved when first Amy said that she was baffled by the notion of a deity that takes attendance.

Maybe they just see her as changing at a different pace to sheldon? Afterall she did once flinch and say "please don't touch my breasts" to penny when penny went for a hug. Different people change at different rates after all, and she might have just found various things new and needed to get used to them, rather than not actually wanting them as Sheldon does/did.
Original post by dhr90
Maybe they just see her as changing at a different pace to sheldon? Afterall she did once flinch and say "please don't touch my breasts" to penny when penny went for a hug. Different people change at different rates after all, and she might have just found various things new and needed to get used to them, rather than not actually wanting them as Sheldon does/did.

I think Sheldon did want friends but based on less evidence, far more circumstantial. Like how the neighbour kids picked on him, he wouldn't have been playing outside without wanting to be friends (not that many outdoor experiments for a germaphobe). And that when Leonard is establishing a friendship with Raj and Howard we see Sheldon assuming he is to join in - just cos he's happy by himself / more comfortable by himself doesn't mean he didn't want to be in their social circle entirely.

I just feel like phobias/quirks are engrained over many years and Amy's evolution is extremely accelerated when you compare her how she was based on her childhood in the earlier series to now. Though I suppose if you had an abused animal from a shelter they can change immensely when put in a caring home...sooo difficult to be definitive.
I think Sheldon did want friends but based on less evidence, far more circumstantial. Like how the neighbour kids picked on him, he wouldn't have been playing outside without wanting to be friends (not that many outdoor experiments for a germaphobe). And that when Leonard is establishing a friendship with Raj and Howard we see Sheldon assuming he is to join in - just cos he's happy by himself / more comfortable by himself doesn't mean he didn't want to be in their social circle entirely.

I just feel like phobias/quirks are engrained over many years and Amy's evolution is extremely accelerated when you compare her how she was based on her childhood in the earlier series to now. Though I suppose if you had an abused animal from a shelter they can change immensely when put in a caring home...sooo difficult to be definitive.

Well, everyone changes at a different pace, so maybe that is just the way the story was written.

She still has many of her phobias and quirks, they just don't always manifest themselves as much.
Original post by dhr90
Well, everyone changes at a different pace, so maybe that is just the way the story was written.

She still has many of her phobias and quirks, they just don't always manifest themselves as much.

I do prefer the focus on the guys so maybe the story was written in a specific way that it seemed quick in comparison to the guys? lots of things we learn about Amy were absorbed into storylines for the guys like her love of Neil Diamond, with Howard during the scavenger hunt.
I just saw, that most of people voted for Sheldon. Don't you like the cutest Leonard?)))
Original post by Vikki Sanders
I just saw, that most of people voted for Sheldon. Don't you like the cutest Leonard?)))

Sheldon is just funnier than Leonard. That is the main point. He is/was the reason why the majority is watching Big Bang Theory. Sheldon is a kid in the body of an adult, Leonard is a naive freak with mother complex. The kid in an adult body is always wittier.
I understand you point of view, but sometimes I just cannot stand Sheldon)) I have the neighbour like Sheldon (not so smart of course, but truly annoying) so it is hard for me to love him.:smile:
I understand you point of view, but sometimes I just cannot stand Sheldon)) I have the neighbour like Sheldon (not so smart of course, but truly annoying) so it is hard for me to love him.:smile:

Have the biggest luck not to know a person who is like Sheldon. But even if I would, it is not so hard to keep smile when watching the main character Sheldon. :smile:

Agreed. Sort of. On the show he is great, but no way would I ever want to live with or know an actual Sheldon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kallisto
Have the biggest luck not to know a person who is like Sheldon. But even if I would, it is not so hard to keep smile when watching the main character Sheldon. :smile:

I can't think of any time on the show that I couldn't stand Sheldon, he's so lovable. This being a character not irl.

To be fair though Sheldon on the show doesn't cause neighbours (who aren't friends like Penny) too many problems. How bad is your neighbour?
I can't think of any time on the show that I couldn't stand Sheldon, he's so lovable. This being a character not irl.

To be fair though Sheldon on the show doesn't cause neighbours (who aren't friends like Penny) too many problems. How bad is your neighbour?

My neighbour was bad in that way, that she tried to create her own stupid rules in our apartment.For example, even when I should go to work at nine a/m and she was staying at home, I couldn't go to the shower between 8 and 8:30, because it was her "time". We had many argues because of that, sometimes I just didn't take care)) To tell you the truth, it is not so funny to live with this kind of person)))

Bad in comparison to Sheldon? don't know their behaviours, so I can't compare them to the main character. .
My neighbour was bad in that way, that she tried to create her own stupid rules in our apartment.For example, even when I should go to work at nine a/m and she was staying at home, I couldn't go to the shower between 8 and 8:30, because it was her "time". We had many argues because of that, sometimes I just didn't take care)) To tell you the truth, it is not so funny to live with this kind of person)))

Ah I understand you, I have that same problem now but as I leave earlier than my my brother I can't shower in the morning at all. Not that I'm fussy about having to shower at night, I just like the choice :smile:
Ah I understand you, I have that same problem now but as I leave earlier than my my brother I can't shower in the morning at all. Not that I'm fussy about having to shower at night, I just like the choice :smile:

In general, it is always complicated to share a room or a flat. Everybody has something strange inside.
That feeling of disappointment you get on a Friday when you find out... there was no new episode of Big Bang Theory the night before. :frown: :frown:

Hopefully better luck next week! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest