The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well i was born in london.. moved to birmingham when i was 10 months old but go back to london A LOT

hmm what do i like about london?

well i enjoy the hustle and bustle of it all
and my cousins live there so its always a good time when i go down there
Reply 2
The architecture!
It is so different from here. All the houses are very neat, and although they are all very similar, they are nice!

And the fact that there is so much to do and see...
Reply 3
london is pretty cool but that doesnt mean im desperate to live there or anythin. i can take it or leave it but it is good. esp when you live in a depressing village/town full of chavs and nothin to do but london is expensive and day to day livin in the suburbs is pretyt similar to anywhere else in the uk
Reply 4
The people!!!!!!!!!! The number of wierdos you can find!!! The oystercard.
Reply 5
Well I don't live in London, and have never lived there, but its been close by and has been a place we have visited slightly more than the average tourist.

I love London because of the atmosphere. I find it so nice to have people buzzing around me all the time and something interesting on every corner.
dude tehre's a whole "London Lovers" society on here. i suggest you take a look :yep:
The diversity, the trains, the streets, the buzz. Just London as a whole. WHAT A CITY!! No place like London in the whole of the UK. Fact.

And as Sine said, the oystercard... life is just simple with that.
I love my friends and the places that hold our memories...

Oh and I ******* love the n63 bus.
I loved walking through Dulwich through a freezing night... when everything was silent and cracking with the cold... And when we knew that we have a few more hours before the town wakes up and shatters this air that belongs to us.. just the two of us.
There's just something different about it compared to the rest of the country. It's got a sort of special quality which is hard to qualify with words. The people, the action, the buildings, the atmosphere.
Reply 10
the weather as opposed to the rest of the UK >> London has pretty good weather
forsaken_earth
I love my friends and the places that hold our memories...

Oh and I ******* love the n63 bus.
I loved walking through Dulwich through a freezing night... when everything was silent and cracking with the cold... And when we knew that we have a few more hours before the town wakes up and shatters this air that belongs to us.. just the two of us.

Aw that sounds :lovedup:
I LOVE LONDON!!!!

The people are amazing, and there's nothing like Hyde Park in the evening or early morning when it's quiet and you've got the whole place to yourself. The West End has all you need for entertainment, Camden for something a little different, Brick Lane for curries, Chinatown for dim sum, etc.

I also love the transport system - seriously. The tube is fantastic, you can go anywhere on it and never get lost as there will always be a station near you somewhere. The buses can be a pain but again they are really easy to use. The Oyster card is amazing, I spent a day in Birmingham and I felt completely lost having to actually hand money over to the bus driver just for a short journey.

The Olympics are coming in 2012 and the whole thing will be amazing, there will be people from all over the world celebrating and it will be one huge party in a brand new Hyde Park-type development.

And knowing that you've got all this architecture and culture, which people all over the world dream of seeing, in your own city is amazing as well. It's absolutely beautiful and the day I have to leave London will be very sad.
I love the atmosphere, the old architecture mixed with new, the history & heritage. The fact there is always something going on, the crowds- I could go on.
Reply 14
I like how frequent the transport is (despite how much we all moan about it)! It's just so easy to get from one place to another!
Also there's so much to do. There'll always be something.
There are so many different types of restaurants from so many different countries, too :smile:

However I don't like the crowds/tourists/how overpriced London is.
kat2pult
I like how frequent the transport is (despite how much we all moan about it)! It's just so easy to get from one place to another!
Also there's so much to do. There'll always be something.
There are so many different types of restaurants from so many different countries, too :smile:

However I don't like the crowds/tourists/how overpriced London is.

The crowds I don't mind, except in Oxford Street or Regents Street in the summer. The heat can be unbearable and I always get headaches just struggling through the mass of people. I think they should pedestrianise them, it would release so much space which we could use to walk in.
Reply 16
Miss Mary
The architecture!
It is so different from here. All the houses are very neat, and although they are all very similar, they are nice!

And the fact that there is so much to do and see...

I think the complete opposite
Reply 17
Oh and how two parts of London can be very different!
Reply 18
The fact that at any-time of the day or night there are people buses shops.
Reply 19
Warwick98765
There's just something different about it compared to the rest of the country. It's got a sort of special quality which is hard to qualify with words. The people, the action, the buildings, the atmosphere.

^ this.

I've been home for Easter in quite a rural area of the country, but when I come to London it just feels right. Though I think not everyone is able to cope with it.

Latest

Trending

Trending