The Student Room Group

which bus card should I have for using the public transport in London?

I'm currently based in Northern Ireland but from time to time I have to travel to London for errands, and I may be going to relocate to London next year for a new job (but I'm not sure about how much chance I can even get this job). I wonder in my case which bus card should I have for using the public transport in London? I'm sure when I'm in London I will need to use the subway/rapid transit system, buses and also the public transport between Heathrow airport and the city.

https://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/useful-information/oyster-contactless-payments/oyster-and-contactless-payments-where-can-i-use-my-pay-as-you-go-oyster-card/

This webpage mentioned the oyster card, Travelcard,
Freedom Pass etc. which sounds confusing - I don't know which one is more suitable for me.
A lot of my friends are in London so whenever I visit them, I get a Visitor Oyster card. It is a smart card which you use as you travel. Super convenient and the card can be either recharged at the tube stations or online. You deposit £7 and then add pay as you go.
Your situation seems to involve quite a bit of back and forth between Northern Ireland and London, along with potential relocation. While I don't have specific information on which bus card would be best for your needs in London, I recommend looking into options that offer flexibility and coverage for different modes of transportation. One option is the Oyster card, which is widely used for accessing London's public transportation network, including the subway, buses, and some trains. However, for personalized advice, I recommend contacting Transport for London directly.
I’d recommend getting a oyster card for London it’s pretty easy to use an accessible

Quick Reply

Latest