The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
How are you guys going about revising your case studies as I get the impression the 15mark questions will be based on case studies we've meant to have learnt. There are 19 case studies (or there about) so would you guys be learning all the points in all the case studies? :smile:
Reply 61
Shedlife
How are you guys going about revising your case studies as I get the impression the 15mark questions will be based on case studies we've meant to have learnt. There are 19 case studies (or there about) so would you guys be learning all the points in all the case studies? :smile:

depends what case studies?

for migration:
economic migration from indian to dubai, just have a rough idea of the number, why they're going there and then the generic adv and disadv of this economic migration can be applied to dubai...
Reply 62
neomilan
depends what case studies?

for migration:
economic migration from indian to dubai, just have a rough idea of the number, why they're going there and then the generic adv and disadv of this economic migration can be applied to dubai...

:p: I think you might of miss read, I meant how are you going about revising it i.e are you learning ALL the case studies word for word or just learning a few in detail?
Reply 63
Shedlife
:p: I think you might of miss read, I meant how are you going about revising it i.e are you learning ALL the case studies word for word or just learning a few in detail?

im learning what ever is needed in the spec
I'm doing Rivers, flood and management & Coastal Environments & Population Change modules for GEOG1, which I am please about since most of it is common sense and just explaining that common sense with case studies.

Although I plan to do little revision for geography since I think maths, physics and computing need more of my attention, so i'll try to wing it, even if I came out with a B i'd be happy enough.
Reply 65
only one school..really? that must of been us then lol. I think coasts is the hardest out of rivers, pop and health tbh. Im predicted a B, i just hope i get a C, that gets me into uni. DOes anyone want to do geog at uni???
Reply 66
Jod.d_391
only one school..really? that must of been us then lol. I think coasts is the hardest out of rivers, pop and health tbh. Im predicted a B, i just hope i get a C, that gets me into uni. DOes anyone want to do geog at uni???

lol geography at university! i'm dropping it after AS its too much independant learning and too much nonssense... i'd rather stick to subjects which are either more respected or more useful for my university choice
I'm dropping it after AS as well, even though I have a knack for it, but can't be bothered to do it, it's not my interest. coasts is really easy I think. I'm predicted an A/B for GEOG1 and an A for health.

Although I dread the 15 mark questions, I hate putting in case studies and I forget figures easily, so i'll need to try and remember them
Reply 68
those notes are amazinnngg , great help,
any coasts notes anywhereee ? :\
yeh.. any coast or health notes anywhere??? :frown:
Reply 70
I find Geography hard because there aren't any books that "cut the crap". I feel everything is giving you loads of unnecessary background knowledge :frown: I think for the first time, it's fair to say I "freaked out" about an exam :p: and I'm still not feeling better :frown: I just don't know what I need to know :s-smilie:
Jod.d_391

:yep:
I might be crazy, but I don't care! :biggrin:

I bought one of the textbooks today, it looks like it might just save my life.
Reply 72
Shedlife
I find Geography hard because there aren't any books that "cut the crap". I feel everything is giving you loads of unnecessary background knowledge :frown: I think for the first time, it's fair to say I "freaked out" about an exam :p: and I'm still not feeling better :frown: I just don't know what I need to know :s-smilie:

aqa endorsed book
the brown one for new syllabus written by barker redfurn and skinner the examiners
it cuts the crap definitly

fahadalhasan
I'm dropping it after AS as well, even though I have a knack for it, but can't be bothered to do it, it's not my interest. coasts is really easy I think. I'm predicted an A/B for GEOG1 and an A for health.

Although I dread the 15 mark questions, I hate putting in case studies and I forget figures easily, so i'll need to try and remember them

same, i feel like im going to get at least a low A anyway and its interesting at times, especially human geography... my brother does a geography degree aswell!!
but im still going to drop it
i want to concentrate on my further maths more
Reply 73
neomilan
aqa endorsed book
the brown one for new syllabus written by barker redfurn and skinner the examiners

same, i feel like im going to get at least a low A anyway and its interesting at times, especially human geography... my brother does a geography degree aswell!!
but im still going to drop it
i want to concentrate on my further maths more

further maths :|
and i thought geography was bad LOL
but still gonna keep it on though :smile: feeling an A2 Geog thread same time next year ha !
Okay, so I now have that textbook written by the three examiner people.
If I learn all the case studies in there, there is no reason for me to need any others, is there?

Like there won't be a question requiring a case study type that isn't in that book....
Reply 75
I have the nelson Thornes book - no-one has mentioned this - is it as good as the other one?
I'm just finishing opff my glaciation and health issues notes at the moment, in preparation for a wonderful weekend of intensive revision!
Reply 76
any notes on coasts or health issues? my revision on population and rivers will be now based either on Pablin888's or lukaefc's notes. which one from those 2 would u rather revise from?
Reply 77
neomilan
aqa endorsed book

Ah right thanks I'll definitely take a look at that book!

Edit: I see what you mean, thanks for the advice...time to get my head down :p:
Reply 78
aROOba
I have the nelson Thornes book - no-one has mentioned this - is it as good as the other one?
I'm just finishing opff my glaciation and health issues notes at the moment, in preparation for a wonderful weekend of intensive revision!

We've got both the brown/gold book (by the examiner people) and the aqa endorsed (blue) nelson thornes one. I have to say, I think the gold one is better as it's concise and gives you everything you need (follows the spec exactly so anything that's on the exam must be in the book). The nelson thornes one is too waffley (is that a word?) - it's just filled with too much crap on some things, and then is too thin on other things, like rejuvenation.
Reply 79
jayg999
We've got both the brown/gold book (by the examiner people) and the aqa endorsed (blue) nelson thornes one. I have to say, I think the gold one is better as it's concise and gives you everything you need (follows the spec exactly so anything that's on the exam must be in the book). The nelson thornes one is too waffley (is that a word?) - it's just filled with too much crap on some things, and then is too thin on other things, like rejuvenation.

the brown one by the examiners is definitly the one to use

using it will mean anything in the paper that is quite weird or new that we aint seen in the text book we wont be penalised because they are the chief examiners and if thousands of us dont know the answer to a question because their own textbook never told us about it then the question may be discarded
its happened in the past, not sure with geography but with some other subjects

Latest

Trending

Trending