The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Same with me, Robbie, I have to stop stressing out>.<
Didn't you get a 93% in your prelim? Or was that someone else? If you did, you should probably move up to an A anyway so I don't think you should worry.

I think, now that I have properly counted, I got 85% which is good but are A cut offs usually 70% or 75%?
Reply 61
Yeah, 75 or so % on the Units 1 and 2 prelim, 93% on Second (full) one. Cutoff is usually 70%/56 Marks
Reply 62
After counting the marks I think I definitely got I came to about 18/30 for paper 1 and 35/50 for paper 2. Hopefully some more marks can be added to that though so is there a chance I got an A?
Reply 63
RobbieNewton
Cutoff is usually 70%/56 Marks

I think the cut off is 75% because this is an int'2.

BTW the last question, did anyone else get "cos x degrees"?
Reply 64
me, i got cosx degrees, that's the right answer. What if this year people do really well will the cut off exceed 75% for an A?
Reply 65
mmm doubt it, i think there is a limit that the SQA can increase the cutoffs - i'm just guessing it will either stay at 75% or moe to 76% -- it won't be that much though.
Reply 66
Yeah, cos x degrees was what I got. No, I'm sure it is 70%, as that is what my teacher said, andwhat the mark schemes seem to suggest. I am over my bout of sorrow now, knowing that I at least passed and that is all that matters
Reply 67
Yeah, I checked and it was 70% which is a great relief. That means the pass mark for an A will only rise to about 73%.
Reply 68
Mmm. I am like, >_> right now, cause if I did get 28/30 on paper 1, and my guestimation for Paper 2, before ECF is right, I have about 55, one off of an A >_<. How do these topics work btw (i've never ran one :redface:), do we update when the results come in?
Reply 69
What is ECF?
Reply 70
Rizzy where did u check that it 70% was the cut off, the sqa website?
Reply 71
Error Carried Forward. Basically, say you have 5 stages inyour working, then the answer. You make a mistake in step 1. You get a mark off. However, you are consistent with your working thereafter, and the answer is correct, according to your working. You could get say, 4/5 marks, evne though you have the wrong answer, because you have demonstrated a clear thought process, and carried on with working, even if it is incorrect
Reply 72
Z_Ahmed
Rizzy where did u check that it 70% was the cut off, the sqa website?

Yeah, I mean, i just type it in to google "SQA Cutoffs" and there shuold be a link to the student room where another link will direct you to the cutoffs page.
Reply 73
Can anyone please give me a copy of the Int 2 exam 2009??? thanx

Latest

Trending

Trending