The Student Room Group
Reply 1
abhishekmohan
can anyone give me details on the Economics and Management course at oxford beyond whats given in the prospectus.also the opportunities after the course.thank you.

It's a fantastic undergraduate degree course for someone looking to work in the City. I've known a few graduates who've completed it. They tend to do well, in a fairly wide variety of careers. It's perhaps the most competitive course at Oxford with regard to applications/per place (least that's what a former grad. tells me!).

However, it doesn't have the respect of Cambridge's Econ. degree, nor the illustrious history of PPE. Nor does it carry the academic clout that LSE's Econ does. All in all, a good (quasi) vocational course probably needs a good few years before it establishes a the sort of reputation that the above courses have. I call it 'semi' vocational, as it's probbbably more vocational in its name than nature (although, best to ask the department, former students to check). I say this as the seemingly vocational courses at traditional universities can often be very academic, i.e. LSE's management realllly it's just Econ with a different name and with a few variations.
Reply 2
J.S.
It's a fantastic undergraduate degree course for someone looking to work in the City. I've known a few graduates who've completed it. They tend to do well, in a fairly wide variety of careers. It's perhaps the most competitive course at Oxford with regard to applications/per place (least that's what a former grad. tells me!).

However, it doesn't have the respect of Cambridge's Econ. degree, nor the illustrious history of PPE. Nor does it carry the academic clout that LSE's Econ does. All in all, a good (quasi) vocational course probably needs a good few years before it establishes a the sort of reputation that the above courses have. I call it 'semi' vocational, as it's probbbably more vocational in its name than nature (although, best to ask the department, former students to check). I say this as the seemingly vocational courses at traditional universities can often be very academic, i.e. LSE's management realllly it's just Econ with a different name and with a few variations.

thank you very much for the information.

Latest

Trending

Trending