The Student Room Group

Are there students who prepare for B.A before they even start their foundation course

Are there students who prepare/start making their portfolio for B.A before they even start their foundation course? I’m attending the art and design foundation course for the fashion and textiles pathway this fall at Central Saint Martins and want to apply to B.A fashion at CSM but the school is famous for its intensive courses and the time I have to prepare for the B.A portfolio is very limited (around 4 months while going to school), do students usually prepare beforehand or am I overthinking?
Yes to some extent.
You’ll need to put together your UCAS application for BA during your first term on the FAD - so having done research into different universities, booking on open days (especially for other universities in case UAL try to fob you off with LCF for your BA and that doesn’t suit you), looking at portfolio guidelines for your shortlist of universities/courses and possibly starting on specific work and your personal statement are all good things to get ahead with over the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest