The Student Room Group

Accounting and finance work experience

hi i am in year 12 and am interested in applying to study accounting and finance at university. i wanted to ask does anyone have any recommendations on what to do for work experience/any places that offer something as i dont have much to put on my personal statement at the moment. thank you
Reply 1
Original post by tiredstudent234_
hi i am in year 12 and am interested in applying to study accounting and finance at university. i wanted to ask does anyone have any recommendations on what to do for work experience/any places that offer something as i dont have much to put on my personal statement at the moment. thank you

I did the internship week at Grant Thornton last summer, which was really good.

It was a mix of uni students at the end of their 2nd year and A'Level students going into final year.

We were put into groups at the start of the week and given a challenge which we had to prepare for and present to the office partners at the end of the week.

This challenge work was interspersed by various sessions from different departments explaining what they do and how they did it.

I found it really good and opened my eyes up to a lot more functions of accounting firms alongside audit.

If you can't find something on the GT website just email the senior partner or HR person at your nearest office

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending