The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Golnaz
has any1 got any offeres??... has kings replied to any1 for dentistry?

yeh i got an offer to study biomedical so long as i get BBB - still havent heard frm them 4 medicine, but a friend of a friends' got an interview there
Reply 2
FunkyTeenAngel
yeh i got an offer to study biomedical so long as i get BBB - still havent heard frm them 4 medicine, but a friend of a friends' got an interview there

ive applied 4 medicine there too..not heard n e thing.
ShOcKzZ
ive applied 4 medicine there too..not heard n e thing.

wen did u apply? i really wanna go 2 kings- its like my top choice.. i just luv guys campus.. n e way im hoping i wont get an interview till atleast february cos i am so not ready for one.. i mean if i get an interview at all - iread they only interview 30% of their applicants
Reply 4
FunkyTeenAngel
wen did u apply? i really wanna go 2 kings- its like my top choice.. i just luv guys campus.. n e way im hoping i wont get an interview till atleast february cos i am so not ready for one.. i mean if i get an interview at all - iread they only interview 30% of their applicants

i think they got my app form about 5 days before deadline.
30% interviewed only? wtf thats only a small proportion compared to the 80% at manchester - my 1st choice.
well dont quote me on it! but im sure i read it somewhere....
Reply 6
Golnaz
has any1 got any offeres??... has kings replied to any1 for dentistry?

i applied 2 kings 4 dentistry and heard nothing
Reply 7
I heard from King's today, was so happy :biggrin: I've applied for medicine and my interview is in December giving me a few weeks to 'prepare' :smile:
Lucy
I heard from King's today, was so happy :biggrin: I've applied for medicine and my interview is in December giving me a few weeks to 'prepare' :smile:

ur so lucky!! good luck! wen did u send off ur application form? i wish i hadnt left it so late
Reply 9
FunkyTeenAngel
ur so lucky!! good luck! wen did u send off ur application form? i wish i hadnt left it so late

Thanks :biggrin: ! I also know a few other people who have already received offers from king's for medicine already - how lucky are they! But I guess they did send their forms in pretty early. My application was processed on the 10th October, so still considered reasonably 'late' in the whole scheme of things.

When was your UCAS application processed? Don't worry about not hearing for a while though, it just honestly takes ages for them to sift through all of the forms because medicine is such an oversubscribed course! Good luck with your applications, I'm sure you'll hear soon enough :smile:
it arrived there on the 15th and i think processed on the 16th-well that's wen i got the postcard thing. but it wasnt my fault- i had my form ready a week before but my school is so bloody incompetent- i had to have a few sharp with words with the headmistress to get her butt in motion, and taht was on teh 14th!
Reply 11
FunkyTeenAngel
it arrived there on the 15th and i think processed on the 16th-well that's wen i got the postcard thing. but it wasnt my fault- i had my form ready a week before but my school is so bloody incompetent- i had to have a few sharp with words with the headmistress to get her butt in motion, and taht was on teh 14th!

Ah the whole 'school incompetence' situation, I remember it well! My school lost my UCAS form and signature slip so it finally got sent off over 3 weeks after I had handed it in. I guess in some ways it was good though as the people (applying to medicine) who had processed their forms really early had all of their interview letters stuck in the postal strike so received very little warning (they received a call the day before their interviews) :eek: !

It does suck in the sense that the unis start handing out offers before they finish interviewing everyone, so they gradually get pickier and pickier as the number of places left decreases and some perfectly good candidates will be told in March that there is no more time to 'interview them' so they can't be offered a place.

As long as it was processed before the deadline, you should be fine though :wink:
Lucy
Ah the whole 'school incompetence' situation, I remember it well! My school lost my UCAS form and signature slip so it finally got sent off over 3 weeks after I had handed it in. I guess in some ways it was good though as the people (applying to medicine) who had processed their forms really early had all of their interview letters stuck in the postal strike so received very little warning (they received a call the day before their interviews) :eek: !

It does suck in the sense that the unis start handing out offers before they finish interviewing everyone, so they gradually get pickier and pickier as the number of places left decreases and some perfectly good candidates will be told in March that there is no more time to 'interview them' so they can't be offered a place.

As long as it was processed before the deadline, you should be fine though :wink:

ahhhhh imagine gettin told u have an interview a day before- i think i wld die n stress out majorly

as for the rest.. ur scarin meeeee!! i just hope i get accepted cos its my #1 choice - u?
Reply 13
FunkyTeenAngel
ahhhhh imagine gettin told u have an interview a day before- i think i wld die n stress out majorly

as for the rest.. ur scarin meeeee!! i just hope i get accepted cos its my #1 choice - u?

Ah, sorry about that! If it's any consolation, I only know a very few people which have been rejected on that basis - and it mostly happened at UCL. I am also applying to Imperial and UCL which I would choose over King's but if I didn't get into to either Imperial or UCL, I would still be ecstatic to go to King's at it has a fantastic academic and social atmosphere :smile:
Lucy
Ah, sorry about that! If it's any consolation, I only know a very few people which have been rejected on that basis - and it mostly happened at UCL. I am also applying to Imperial and UCL which I would choose over King's but if I didn't get into to either Imperial or UCL, I would still be ecstatic to go to King's at it has a fantastic academic and social atmosphere :smile:

so ya did the BMAT test then?howd u find it? iv applied to UCL and imperial too. i dbt i'll get into UCL cos i no i did bad on the test. i applied to queen marys (totally regret that now). wat subjects ya doin n what AS grades dya get- if ya dont mind sayin
Reply 15
FunkyTeenAngel
so ya did the BMAT test then?howd u find it? iv applied to UCL and imperial too. i dbt i'll get into UCL cos i no i did bad on the test. i applied to queen marys (totally regret that now). wat subjects ya doin n what AS grades dya get- if ya dont mind sayin

The BMAT was absolutely awful! I guessed quite a few questions and mucked the essay component up... so not good :redface: UCL 'claim' that they will not use the BMAT to select applicants this year but the essay component may have some influence (although it's not supposed to) because the interviewers will get to see what you wrote beforehand and tbh if someone can't write (i.e. me) it's not exactly going to make a good impression :tongue:

Why do you regret applying to Queen Mary's? It seems like a reasonably good university apart from the fact that it only allows a very small % of students to take the intercalated BSc. I'm studying Bio, Chem, Maths and Physics and I got As in my ASs - they are not on my UCAS form though as my school doesn't certificate them until summer 2004.
Lucy
The BMAT was absolutely awful! I guessed quite a few questions and mucked the essay component up... so not good :redface: UCL 'claim' that they will not use the BMAT to select applicants this year but the essay component may have some influence (although it's not supposed to) because the interviewers will get to see what you wrote beforehand and tbh if someone can't write (i.e. me) it's not exactly going to make a good impression :tongue:

Why do you regret applying to Queen Mary's? It seems like a reasonably good university apart from the fact that it only allows a very small % of students to take the intercalated BSc. I'm studying Bio, Chem, Maths and Physics and I got As in my ASs - they are not on my UCAS form though as my school doesn't certificate them until summer 2004.

well i didnt even finish the bloody test- i got soooooooooo confused!! and my teacher who was invidulating started talkin on her bloody mobile phone halfway thru at the top of her lungs ( the other invidulator hadnt
turned up). well i messed up on my essay too. i started talkin complete crap - about weapons and cosmetic surgery *cringes* n there wasnt much space to ramble!

well its in a not very nice area. my dad got pissed i applied there- he had his heart set on me goin 2 southampton. i got 4As at AS innnnn maths, chem, bio and art... but i wrote my grades on. i dropped maths cos the some unis were saying they like/will accept students with arts subjects.i no UCL sed they prefer such candidates
Reply 17
My friend's brother studied medicine at Queen Mary's and he didn't really want my friend applying there either - he got her to go for St George's instead... I'm sure you'll get into some of your other choices though so you should be fine :wink: Art a-level sounds interesting - must be loads of work though! I also read that UCL preferred candidates with arts subjects - fair enough as it does make the applicants more rounded :smile:
Lucy
My friend's brother studied medicine at Queen Mary's and he didn't really want my friend applying there either - he got her to go for St George's instead... I'm sure you'll get into some of your other choices though so you should be fine :wink: Art a-level sounds interesting - must be loads of work though! I also read that UCL preferred candidates with arts subjects - fair enough as it does make the applicants more rounded :smile:

so wat was ur 4th choice? i just wanna go to kings and i dun care if i get rejected everywhere else! yeh art is alotta work, sometimes i wish i'd stuck to maths, but too late now eh? it has its "fun" moments
Reply 19
FunkyTeenAngel
so wat was ur 4th choice? i just wanna go to kings and i dun care if i get rejected everywhere else! yeh art is alotta work, sometimes i wish i'd stuck to maths, but too late now eh? it has its "fun" moments

I've applied to Oxford but I'm not expecting a place as I realise the competion will be insanely tough :tongue: Where else have you applied? It must be nice to do art to get away from the 'sciency' side of it all :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending