The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't post anwsers, someone else could be cheating and gaining marks because of you.
megggggg
it had to be in radians lol..hence pi

then 80pi/9 is wrong anyway..... bye bye 5 marks
Reply 202
abcxyz6666
4k + 5 =0

k= -5/4

k = y

-5/4 = /1.25 is that what you put :smile:

No it wasn't but I did get k as -5/4
Oh right I know now, it was because I obviously didn't realise k=y so I subbed k into the (1-k)x^2 formula to find x which was 5/3 and then I think I subbed x=5/3 into the original equation of y=x^2/(x-1)(x-5) or whatever it was...
Hmm I got the answer but then went a step too far after it :mad:

I'll probably lose a mark for this won't I? :frown:
They'd have to have started the paper quite late to still be doing it now?
Simplicity
Don't post anwsers, someone else could be cheating and gaining marks because of you.

this is aqa
Simplicity

How could they? AQA is UK-based so everyone will have done this in the morning.
Reply 206
Simplicity

How?
Oh dammit. Okay, discuss then. To be fair discussing something won't actually gain you marks it will just waste time.
Reply 208
Simplicity

This is AQA. It doesnt matter.
The paper seemed a lot harder than normal.. I reckon I got around 85-90 though.
Reply 210
Damn

for the second part of the trig question, I said there were 3 roots but didnt name them.
Reply 211
Languagesfreak
The paper seemed a lot harder than normal.. I reckon I got around 85-90 though.

:ditto: (for the first part =P)
Palabras
Damn

for the second part of the trig question, I said there were 3 roots but didnt name them.

I only got 2 roots cos I got my general solution wrong (I only went wrong at the last step, so I'll only lose a couple of marks).
Reply 213
Hey, i did this as a retake and found it better than january (to be honest that wasnt hard as I got a D in Jan!) what did people get as the trig gen solution? hope you all did well, sure you did
for the last transformation, I got enlargement sc 2sqrt3 and anti clockwise 45 degrees.

arrrr, defo wrong
Reply 215
i got a replection in the lne y=2root 3 x and enlargement SF4 for that one abcxyz6666
Reply 216
which one was that? does anyone have a copy of the exam paper, could make it easier to ask about it!
Reply 217
What about the translation of the ellipse one - with the completing the square to find a and b?
Sure mine was 1 and -1... can't remember which way around though.
Reply 218
For the tig, if I remember correctly, I got,
x=2nπ3±π9+π3x=\frac{2n\pi}{3}\pm\frac{\pi}{9}+\frac{\pi}{3}

That lead me to the answers 1029π10\frac{2}{9}\pi, 1049π10\frac{4}{9}\pi and 1089π10\frac{8}{9}\pi, which seemed to work, but I bet the mark scheme requires the general eq in some other form, some of the mark schemes from past papers had bizarre answers for trig q's which just threw me :s-smilie:
Reply 219
Krosun
For the tig, if I remember correctly, I got,
x=2π3±π9+π3x=\frac{2\pi}{3}\pm\frac{\pi}{9}+\frac{\pi}{3}

That lead me to the answers 1029π10\frac{2}{9}\pi, 1049π10\frac{4}{9}\pi and 1089π10\frac{8}{9}\pi, which seemed to work, but I bet the mark scheme requires the general eq in some other form, some of the mark schemes from past papers had bizarre answers for trig q's which just threw me :s-smilie:

Shouldn't that be 2npi/3? for the first part?
If so, I got that, but somehow got 4 answers between 10 and 11pi...

EDIT: oops yeah it is 3 answers not 4...
Just hope the others are right :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending