Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody going to the Alps this winter? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If so. Where?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind that at all, alas I'm stuck here in the states.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    I wouldn't mind that at all, alas I'm stuck here in the states.

Many good mountains over there as well. Better than the alps maybe

ReputationRep:
    I'm wishing I could go back to Adelboden, Switzerland, where I worked last winter, but I don't think I'll be able to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I'm wishing I could go back to Adelboden, Switzerland, where I worked last winter, but I don't think I'll be able to.

What did you do? Ski instructor, guide or?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, chalet monkey. Got to ski on my days off though, although I was crap, and I loved it so much! Just the experience of being there was amazing, and it was soooo beautiful compared with British winter :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Nah, chalet monkey. Got to ski on my days off though, although I was crap, and I loved it so much! Just the experience of being there was amazing, and it was soooo beautiful compared with British winter :rolleyes:

I know. The winter in Britain is just rain. Not anything like the winter in the alps, or the mountains in Norway. Are there any ski possibility in Britain? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wish!!

ReputationRep:
    I live next to them as it is xthup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joacim)
    I know. The winter in Britain is just rain. Not anything like the winter in the alps, or the mountains in Norway. Are there any ski possibility in Britain? :confused:
    There are some "ski resorts" in Scotland, but they're nothing compared with the Alps or Scandanavia. I've never been to them, but apparently they rely on artificial snow quite a bit of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joacim)
    We've got dry sky slopes if that's any good!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.