The Student Room Group

Maths Robinson Cambridge 2024 entry

My son had applied for St Johns. Got offer for Robinson. Any others here who have received an offer from Robinson? Any experiences about the college, anybody would like to share?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Reshjac
My son had applied for St Johns. Got offer for Robinson. Any others here who have received an offer from Robinson? Any experiences about the college, anybody would like to share?

Thank you

Hi
My son got an offer from Robinson this morning for Natural Sciences. He applied to Robinson.
Reply 2
Original post by Sugkci
Hi
My son got an offer from Robinson this morning for Natural Sciences. He applied to Robinson.

Oh, that is great. We are still researching Robinson. I would be very grateful if you have any experience or idea about how the college is, culture, etc and if you could share
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Same :-)
Reply 4
Original post by Reshjac
Oh, that is great. We are still researching Robinson. I would be very grateful if you have any experience or idea about how the college is, culture, etc and if you could share

Robinson was highly recommended by a friend who had studied there. My son also liked the accommodation and egalitarian approach of the College. It’s also closer to the science buildings. Regardless, he’s just absolutely thrilled to get an offer.
Reply 5
Oh, that's great to know. I will show it to my son. He will be thrilled.
Original post by Reshjac
Oh, that's great to know. I will show it to my son. He will be thrilled.

Great location for maths I guess, it's only a very short walk to the Maths department. Not in the bustling, touristy centre of town, but only a short walk away. Slightly crazy 1980s building, but apparently the layout of the UG rooms makes it easy to make friends, on shared balconies, and with the tiered floors. Decent facilities, especially for arts, in fact very strong, creative arty scene. A reputation for very good food. Also a reputation for high accommodation charges, but this isn't really the case because they calculate an 'all in' fee, not extras, and you pay the same fee in all three years, no annual increases. Lovely gardens behind the red brick fortress, with a stream, pond, lawns, open air theatre etc.
Reply 7
Original post by threeportdrift
Great location for maths I guess, it's only a very short walk to the Maths department. Not in the bustling, touristy centre of town, but only a short walk away. Slightly crazy 1980s building, but apparently the layout of the UG rooms makes it easy to make friends, on shared balconies, and with the tiered floors. Decent facilities, especially for arts, in fact very strong, creative arty scene. A reputation for very good food. Also a reputation for high accommodation charges, but this isn't really the case because they calculate an 'all in' fee, not extras, and you pay the same fee in all three years, no annual increases. Lovely gardens behind the red brick fortress, with a stream, pond, lawns, open air theatre etc.

Thank you for your very helpful post.
I am ever so grateful.

Now just to get through STEP😀
Reply 8
Original post by Sugkci
Hi

My son also got an offer from Robinson for Natural Sciences -from the winter pool.
Reply 9
Original post by djdi16
My son also got an offer from Robinson for Natural Sciences -from the winter pool.

Congratulations to your son. Is he going for Physical or Biological?
Reply 10
Original post by Sugkci
Congratulations to your son. Is he going for Physical or Biological?

Physical -what about yours?
Reply 11
Original post by djdi16
Physical -what about yours?

Physical too! He will be so pleased there’s another scientist in his college!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending