The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Alexander
But that's surely only true for people wanting to do the same subject?

maybe, im not sure.

my school has more of an oxford link, advised people to apply here rather than cambridge, but in terms of colleges, no.
funny that, my hilarious excuse for a college whole heartedly discouraged me from applying and insisted it was all about who you knew than what you are...
Reply 22
Also (I have another question.. lol.. soz!) someone on this forum once pointed out a REALLY good website that had candidates experience at Oxbridge interviews posted on a 'profiles' things.. does anyone know what the web address is?
Reply 23
People stress too much about this sort of thing.
Reply 24
Elle
Also (I have another question.. lol.. soz!) someone on this forum once pointed out a REALLY good website that had candidates experience at Oxbridge interviews posted on a 'profiles' things.. does anyone know what the web address is?
http://oa.waveflex.com/
Reply 25

Thanks! :tongue:

P.S I'm not stressed... yet..
Reply 26
Elle
Thanks! :tongue:

P.S I'm not stressed... yet..

Breathe easy Elle, we're in the same boat and I don't want it capsized!
Reply 27
ZJuwelH
Breathe easy Elle, we're in the same boat and I don't want it capsized!

Lol.. yeah the Girton crew :tongue:
Reply 28
Elle
Lol.. yeah the Girton crew :tongue:

Respek!
Reply 29
elpaw
i don't think that's true. it gives you less chance if there are other people from your school applying for the same college. my school made everyone apply to different colleges.

My school does that as well. And it has stronger links with Oxford also.

What school did you go to? Might be the same one.
Reply 30
Goat
My school does that as well. And it has stronger links with Oxford also.

What school did you go to? Might be the same one.

seing as i'm from london....
Reply 31
Of my school's Cambridge applicants, two are Peterhouse, three including myself are Girton (one not including myself has already been turfed), one is Pembroke and one is St John's. Entirely out of choice, the school didn't bother telling us to go to different ones. Last year the two Peterhouse applicants got in. So I don't think it's such a big deal.
Reply 32
i think mines the opposite in that it advices people to go for cambridge. instead of oxbridge talks it was cambridge talks and i was automatically given a cmabridge form. My head of year seemed really shocked when i asked for an oxford one. Apparently no-one had applied there in years whereas people get into cam every year. Affter i was rejected i started to wish i had listened to them :0)
Reply 33
koolstar
i'm planning to go with my dad, will he just have to wait around during each interview?

I'll have to go with my dad too!
Reply 34
Adhsur

My dad asked me to take my brother along. Now I knew my brother had no interest in Cambridge, and more to the point Cambridge will have no interest in him, so I was planning to get my brother to merely say no and then I would end up going alone (which I would prefer) and buying only one train ticket. Imagine my surprise when my brother states an interest and tells me to get him a ticket! I don't want to take no family!!! I would rather go with a friend with an interview on the same day! Too bad Cambridge decided to split us all up in that respect...
Reply 35
That's a good website. Puts me slightly more at ease when I see that I'm on a level footing with many of the people who got in, even if I did have to teach myself further maths.
Reply 36
Adhsur

phew! thank god i'm not alone on that front. i actually expected more ppl to say they r going with thier mom or dad. theres nowt wrong with it.....is there?
Reply 37
DANMM AND OTHER CAMBRIDGE HEADS PLEASE LOOK AT THIS!
What did you wear?
Reply 38
I would suggest that whatever you wear, choose it a long way beforehand. That way you can lay it out the night before, and it's one more thing you don't have to worry about on interview morning. I chose the morning of the interview (I don't live ar from Cam, so I was at home). I ended up in a weird mishmash that was both uncomfortable and something that I felt ill at ease wearing. I felt unsettled when I got there.

I didn't get an offer.

Now I'm not suggesting this was the main factor, or even a major factor, but every little helps.

Someone I know bought a whole new set of colothes for her interview. She got in. If you think you look good/smart, I think you feel more confidence in yourself. Just a suggestion.
Reply 39
DanielW
I would suggest that whatever you wear, choose it a long way beforehand. That way you can lay it out the night before, and it's one more thing you don't have to worry about on interview morning. I chose the morning of the interview (I don't live ar from Cam, so I was at home). I ended up in a weird mishmash that was both uncomfortable and something that I felt ill at ease wearing. I felt unsettled when I got there.

I didn't get an offer.

Now I'm not suggesting this was the main factor, or even a major factor, but every little helps.

Someone I know bought a whole new set of colothes for her interview. She got in. If you think you look good/smart, I think you feel more confidence in yourself. Just a suggestion.

thanx 4 the good advice

Latest

Trending

Trending