The Student Room Group

AS Predicted Grades - A Total Shocker!

When I passed all my GCSEs (Bs and Cs) I thought whoohooo! Here we go, now pass your ASs well and apply to a decent Uni.

I have only just seen my predicted grades - My mother still isn't speaking to me so I had to beg my dad for my report. I hoped my teachers were going to predicted BBBC (C in English) because I had been working really hard so far this year and meeting these grades in tests/homeworks etc. But I ended up with a predicted AS of BCCD which has totally freaked me out.

I want to apply to Cardiff which according to my Music Teacher usually means A (in Music)BB.

The worse was I had a predicted grade of D in French which was one of best subjects at GCSE.

Its parents evening on Thursday and with my mother and me still not speaking - I'm scared senseless espically when my French teacher said today I'm looking forward to meeting your mother.

Scroll to see replies

Now that you know this, you may work that little bit harder and get the grades you want. Predicted grades can be a blessing as well as a curse.
Reply 2
They always tend to predict you lower maybe you could speak to your teachers to check whether that is a true prediction of what they think you will get and if so how you can improve.
mayb theyre just trying to scare you into worknig harder...so that you get even better grades..

love Katy ***
Reply 4
Don't worry. Predicted grades are rarely a good indication of reality - you know yourself better and if you think you'll do well, then the teachers comments mean nothing. And anyway, it's really your results which count.

When I got my AS results back, I was crying for days, my parents didn't speak to me - it was the most horrible experience EVER. But it did blow over, and now I'm trying harder for A2's and trying to put all that behind me. Whatever your parents do, it's only because they care and want the best for you. Maybe it's not a good way of motivating you, but that's the way some parents do it. I really don't think your mum's mood will last. Don't worry - tell them you'll try much harder next time, and show them where you can improve etc. Don't let it get to you - there's more to life than predicted grades.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
Predicted AS's don't matter -- they just give you a chance to prove your teachers wrong, and don't affect what unis you apply to. Predicted A2's are what matter, as unis see the predictions if they are in your reference.
Reply 6
Ignore the predicted grades. I got predicted ACCDU or something silly last year and ended up with AAAAA.

Just do your best.
Reply 7
ickle_katy
mayb theyre just trying to scare you into worknig harder...so that you get even better grades..

love Katy ***

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!!

I GOT 6 A*'S AND 4 A'S AT GCSE, YET FOR AS LEVELS I AM PREDICTED:

MATHEMATICS - A MINUS
PHYSICS - A NORMAL
ECONOMICS - A NORMAL
COMPUTING A MINUS
GENERAL STUDIES A NORMAL

THAT FREAKED ME OUT, BUT AT LEAST IT WILL MAKE ME WORK HARDER TO ACHIEVE THE GRADES I WANT. ALTHOUGH I UNDERSTAND WHAT U R SAYING, YOU STILL WANT DECENT PREDICTIONS.

ALL THE EBST ANYWAY, I AM USRE YOU WILL DO WELL. :wink:
Reply 8
Adhsur
When I got my AS results back, I was crying for days, my parents didn't speak to me - it was the most horrible experience EVER.
Er, remind me, what did you get for AS, again? :confused:
Adhsur
I really don't think your mum's mood will last. Don't worry - tell them you'll try much harder next time, and show them where you can improve etc. Don't let it get to you - there's more to life than predicted grades.

Good luck! :smile:

My mother is not speaking to for a different reason and its been almost a week since she spoke to me last! My dad is cool with my report because he understands I'm working very very hard.
Reply 11
llama boy
Er, remind me, what did you get for AS, again? :confused:

AABBC.
Reply 12
a_musical_gal
My mother is not speaking to for a different reason and its been almost a week since she spoke to me last! My dad is cool with my report because he understands I'm working very very hard.

I'm glad your dad is ok with it. As for your mother, just give her some space. I'm sure she'll come around eventually - you are her daughter after all!
Reply 13
Adhsur
AABBC.
lol, that really isn't bad, you know.. :tongue:

i guess you don't want to see your parents when you get truely bad grades, eh. :biggrin:
Reply 14
ah you poor people all seem to have horrible parents. mine hardly pressurise/get involved with my gcses/alevels at all. their main interest was results day, which even if id done badly im sure theyd have been sympathetic.
Reply 15
Teachers rarely know anything about uni application grade predictions.
Make sure you do your own research!
Reply 16
llama boy

i guess you don't want to see your parents when you get truely bad grades, eh. :biggrin:

i guess your parents wouldnt want to see your truly bad spelling mr llama :tongue:
Reply 17
llama boy

I expected and probably need better.
Reply 18
Adhsur
AABBC.

WHY DID YOU GET THOSE GRADES?

YOU GOT EVEN MORE THAN ME AT GCSE, YET I AM GOING TO GET STRAIGHT A'S AT AS LEVEL.

SO HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO SO BADLY?

YOU WONT HAVE A BAT IN HELL'S CAHNCE OF CAMBRIDGE WITH GRADES LIKE THAT. SORRY.
Reply 19
RELAX
WHY DID YOU GET THOSE GRADES?

YOU GOT EVEN MORE THAN ME AT GCSE, YET I AM GOING TO GET STRAIGHT A'S AT AS LEVEL.

SO HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO SO BADLY?

YOU WONT HAVE A BAT IN HELL'S CAHNCE OF CAMBRIDGE WITH GRADES LIKE THAT. SORRY.
oh, stop being such a tit.

Latest

Trending

Trending