The Student Room Group

AS level results

I got my AS level results today and it wasn't up to my expectations.
Maths: C
Biology: B
Chemistry: B
Economics: B
I want to study medicine at Imperial but, I won't be able to get in because my school uses AS results to base my predicted grades. I'm just confused and don't know what to do. What should be my next plan of action?
Hi @nkdabest12 -- first of all, even though I know you've said that those grades didn't meet your expectations, well done. I know you must have worked hard and I think that's a fantastic set of AS grades. You really should be proud of yourself.

Regarding your aspirations to study medicine at Imperial, I understand the difficulty around your school using these grades to form your predicted grades and I cannot pretend to know about you or your school, but my immediate thoughts are that providing you put in the effort (and it will not be easy) and prove that you should be predicted a higher set of grades, it's worth a shot. I didn't study medicine, but I did want to study French. I took French, Spanish, Psychology and English Lit for AS and I totally underperformed in my French speaking, it brought my grade down to a B.

I made a case to my subject teacher and the head of department that I was better than that and put in considerable effort to prove it. In the end, I got them to predict me an A. I'm not saying that this will happen for you, but it worked for me. Don't give up. Even if you get to this time next year, maybe you don't got enough for Medicine at Imperial, but that doesn't mean there isn't another way forward.

Wishing you all the best and well done once again, you did great!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest