The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It's just an expression... like "It's all gravy" ... people don't mean GOD as in HIM when they say it... it's just an expression, jeez
plus, you're blaspheming god.
It's no sillier than Christian's saying Wednsday (Wodin's Day) or Thursday (Thor's Day).

My personal preference is 'Christwagons!'
Reply 63
Why be so picky? Bloody hell.
You know how silly it looks when you make a thread about it?
Reply 65
wow a good question !
Reply 66
Oh my Confucius!
So if you say 'By Jove' and don't believe in the Roman Pantheon you are also a hypocrite?
Reply 68
LOOOOL, i just laugh when i hear it! best way to go sometimes...
Well considering you're not allowed to say Gods name in vain it sounds sillier coming from Christians. In any case i say it out of habit than actually believng in God and it takes alot more effort to get used to saying "Oh my Gosh"
Reply 70
Feral Beast
I always have empathy for the poor animal in your sig. I just want to push it along. :frown:

Hahahahaha! I was just thinking the exact same thing >_<. It's so funny, yet strangely emotive :confused:.
I don't believe in God but I enjoy yelling things up at the sky such as "stop *******" or "I'll get you some day you big bastard" just to humorously piss off my religious friends, who will then roll their eyes and presumably beg for my forgiveness at some later time. No smiting has ever occurred as a consequence of this action.
A friend said this to me to but really its only a figure of speech. I think your thinking a bit deep.
bananaslug77
Just like saying 'Oh my giddy aunt' doesn't necessarily indicate that I have a hyperactive aunt.

I'll admit it: I 'loled' :p:
Reply 74
I don't like when people say 'Oh my God' anyway. It's just wrong. You notice American people always say 'gosh' instead - I find it incredibly vulgar when people say 'Oh my God' about something as ridiculous as...well something completely unremarkable.

And when atheists say it, it is just like, you retard.
Reply 75
What about pedants who take everything literally? Don't you think they sound silly too?
I might start saying, "Oh your God", seeing as he/she/it definitely ain't mine.
Otherwise.. meh. Who cares? It's just a phrase.
"Oh my big bang theory" doesn't really trip of the tongue now, does it?
shark67
Ever wondered how silly you sound?

oh hai lol
Reply 79
abc101
I don't like when people say 'Oh my God' anyway. It's just wrong. You notice American people always say 'gosh' instead - I find it incredibly vulgar when people say 'Oh my God' about something as ridiculous as...well something completely unremarkable.

And when atheists say it, it is just like, you retard.

God is vulgar... D:

Latest

Trending

Trending