The Student Room Group
Reply 1
anyonecanbe
anyone know any websites where i can send an email but make it appear as if its from someone else, and get the reply in my own inbox? Iv tried S.E.P but it gives it away when the email is sent

I really want to show my sister what her boyfriend is up to!

Why would you want to do that its not clever or funny, on the other hand you could just make up a hotmail account and use that
Reply 2
anyonecanbe
anyone know any websites where i can send an email but make it appear as if its from someone else, and get the reply in my own inbox? Iv tried S.E.P but it gives it away when the email is sent

instead of goin to the trouble of an e-mail, you could type a letter, rint it, then send it to your sister by snail-mail, anonamously. same effect, and you can choose who 'sent' it.
haha lol me n ma mate used SEP to send prank mail to how other mates to see how theyd react to silly things like an email from a teacher and stuff! it was well funny until we realised that wen they replied it said a [email protected] so u cud c its from a prank site! damn! hehehehehe they found it funny tho :smile:
jus open an anonymous account (e.g. hotmail) and then go on a local computer (e.g public library or school) then send the email
Reply 5
anyonecanbe

The SMTP protocol contains no built-in authentication functionality, so you simply enter whatever e-mail address you want in the FROM header. However you'd require an 'open' SMTP server, which are (thankfully) quite hard to find. A simple SMTP sending client would take five minutes to write using Winsock in Visual Basic or something. However, most organisations and/or companies use an authenticated SMTP server to send all of their mail so anyone with a bit of knowledge can check the SMTP server from which the mail originated and ensure that it's the company's authenticated server (i.e. requires username and password).

Be aware that impersonating someone else is illegal and can lead you into all sorts of trouble.

Regards,
Reply 6
not worth doing in your case.

the interesting way to do it is to use a custom perl script which uses sendmail from a server and doesnt recorded senders ip name, email etc can also be chosen. works v well.

eitherway not worth doing nething stupid, know a few ppl who have been arrested for using an "anonymous" hotmail account

Latest

Trending

Trending