The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
PM me for pics
do you mean Illuminati?
Reply 3
Some 'Mason' group came to the hotel where I work and ordered all of the waitresses to leave whilst they had a meeting.

So we listened outside the door. :biggrin:

They called each other 'bretheren' :rolleyes:
Reply 4
You get a newsletter once a month and not a lot else really. (and no, im not a member)
Reply 5
I wish I knew
Reply 6
You don't ask, your invited once you prove yourself.
Reply 7
you have to be invited dont u? usually by family members i think
from what i recall, to be eligible, you have to be nominated by 2 existing members of at least a few years, or, have a member of your family within 2 vertical generations of yourself. so a direct grandparent, as opposed to a great uncle or something.
I think I've heard that they're not allowed to talk to other people about being a freemason, but if somone asks them they can answer questions. Can't you recognise them from their handshake?

It all sounds a bit mental, to be honest.
become a police man to join
The free masons are not fun. Trust me.
Reply 12
StandingOnAir
I think I've heard that they're not allowed to talk to other people about being a freemason, but if somone asks them they can answer questions. Can't you recognise them from their handshake?

It all sounds a bit mental, to be honest.

Handshake? What, like the kinda handshake we'd make up when we were kids? :p:
Reply 13
You'd have to be good at building:dontknow:
I heard you have to spring a man with the surname 'Mason' from Jail. True story; no lie :yes:
You need to be invited. You need to have proved yourself too, the person you know has to VOUCH for you, so you need to someone of decent morals and not someone who's joining just for the sake of joining as you are :tongue:
Being a man, freeborn, of good repute and well-recommended;

A belief in a Supreme Being;

Ability to support one's self and family;

Of lawful age; and,

Come to Freemasonry of their "own free will and accord"

http://www.wikihow.com/Join-Freemasonry

i think these some rule where a member can't ask you to join, nor can you talk about the Freemason is the number 1 rule

http://www.ugle.org.uk/ looking on their site would be useful

you need to be over 21, and the biggest rule to join is you need to believe in the supreme being, and you need to be a man, unless thats changed
^Over 21 unless you have a family member (direct?) then it's 18.

The "Supreme Being" can be anyone and they refer to it as the "Architect of the Universe", you can't be an Atheist.

There's a word they're not allowed to say.

You're expected to donate some of your income to charity.

You can openly say that you're a member, but you're not allowed to talk about the goings-on in the "Temple" or whatever it is.

Importantly, you have to be a sad bastard, a really sad bastard.

If you don't get in you could always join a bowls club, the next best thing.
Reply 18
Its one of those invite only things, they come to you, time to make your mark on the world OP
mermania
I wish I knew

:s-smilie:

Bunch of oversized infants full of their own self-importance holding secret meetings to give their cronies a leg-up at the expense of others. What's the attraction?

Latest

Trending

Trending