The Student Room Group

What's going on with him?

Hi,

I've been seeing a guy for a while now (almost 2 years) and I've been noticing lots of changes in the past month.

He stopped calling as much, and when we meet and I get back home, he used to always call or text to ask if I got back home fine but he just doesn't care anymore and doesn't ask.

He doesn't want to have long conversations anymore and when we go out on a date, we just go to eat something and don't say much. I miss when he used to talk about himself and tell me how he is and what's been going on or just having a chat so we can connect emotionally.

I told him that it seems like he doesn't care anymore and he said that of course he does care alot, and talked about whenever we go out he is always the one to pay the bill. Actually, I don't care much about food or eating together, I just only want to do things together or spend time talking or having a walk, this is much more important to me than eating together and not saying much.

I don't know why he's changed so much. He says he's not talking to anyone else, its just me, but why he's gotten so distant?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,

I've been seeing a guy for a while now (almost 2 years) and I've been noticing lots of changes in the past month.

He stopped calling as much, and when we meet and I get back home, he used to always call or text to ask if I got back home fine but he just doesn't care anymore and doesn't ask.

He doesn't want to have long conversations anymore and when we go out on a date, we just go to eat something and don't say much. I miss when he used to talk about himself and tell me how he is and what's been going on or just having a chat so we can connect emotionally.

I told him that it seems like he doesn't care anymore and he said that of course he does care alot, and talked about whenever we go out he is always the one to pay the bill. Actually, I don't care much about food or eating together, I just only want to do things together or spend time talking or having a walk, this is much more important to me than eating together and not saying much.

I don't know why he's changed so much. He says he's not talking to anyone else, its just me, but why he's gotten so distant?

Hi there,

I would suggest checking in on him and seeing how he is. Ask him is he okay? Does he have anything going on at the moment? Is he stressed out about anything? Make it clear that you are there for him to listen and support him and encourage him to open up.

If he stays like this for a while (maybe a couple of months) then I'd start questioning things a bit more.
Reply 2
Hi,

Expert Here,
This sounds like an issue with him. He's become uninterested and me personally i would confront him about this. If all goes well, You'll be fine. If not then you'll probably find out very quickly the reason he's become this way. If that's the case, Swing my way.

Best Regards,
Cooked6969
Reply 3
Hi,

Hey there, in my humble opinion, we should also understand that every person has their own feelings, emotions, their own opinion. You should better to talk to your partner once again and trying to understand everything again. Maybe at that moment when u were trying to talk the moment was wrong, or just he was in a bad mood, who knows..... But there is only one way of real healing, only one way to an authentic and successful love relationship - we have to confront the abyss within us with courage and honesty. We should start talking instead of silently insulting each other. Maybe the best way to do that is create a special atmosphere and just sit and talk to each other. In a conversation, it's crucial to communicate about what is bothering you and what you don't like. Also, inquire about your partner's feelings and emotions. It's important to pay attention to your partner's reactions during this conversation. And last but not least, remember you are the best! Take care, hope everything will be fine )
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending