The Student Room Group
Eh, thats really odd... Um.. wow i don't know what to say. Im a waitress we just wear plain white shirts that can be any shape i think. If your size 8-10 then even the smallest mans shirt.. isn't it going to be too baggy?
Reply 2
Yeah, I did go to primark and they were huge on me, even the smallest men's one - plus took me blimmin ages to work out sizes because it's all neck sizes.. not really sure what to do - i start on sunday!
If you're a size 8-10 then just buy a 12 so its loose.
Reply 4
i'm not allowed any stitching on it though, like the darting and things.

I could dye a white shirt? There are loads of those but no black...

Argh.

EDIT:
Some elaborate safety pinning of one of my bfs shirts has made the sleeves the right length so i guess i can get one of those and tuck the spare metre of fabric into my trousers haha...but if anyone knows where i could poss get one...!!
Thats an odd request...primark 2.50 for a women's black long sleeved shirt...could you not just buy it a size bigger. I have one and its definitely not fitted.
Reply 6
maybe look for a large boys one, instead of a mens one?
Reply 7
If the restaurant is so strict about dress, I imagine you'll be dealing with a lot of "weird rules" in the future.
Reply 8
I'd hunt for a kid's shirt too. They'll be shorter in the arms as well as body.

I had a quick google, and I found this : http://www.cachetkids.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=FLY%2FDEVICE_SHI_BLACK&cat=307,302,326

It's probably more than you wanted to spend, but at least the things exist!
Reply 9
Did he say why you aren't allowed shape in it?

Anyway, I'd suggest the same as River and go for a kid's shirt. If they're so picky they should provide uniforms for you to buy. There are also places like uniform shops that may do some non-fitted shirts for younger people in orchestras and such.
Reply 10
Sorry to bring this back, but my internet died for the week and i felt i needed to say thanks to everyone for their suggestions...

In the end i have decided to steal my bfs shirt and do some customising. :smile:

The reason he wants us to wear them is just so that everyone looks the same and so the girls..ahem...assets aren't distracting for the clients apparently (the restaurant isn't as dodgy as that makes it sound!). He said that it's quite common in waitressing for silver service and stuff - never heard of it myself but oh well, money is money!
That's quite..odd. Perhaps you could try Matalan or George in Asda for a plain women's shirt in black?

The pub I work in provides us with a black shirt to wear but at a size 8/10 like you it doesn't fit properly because it's designed for function and not showing off the figure.

Latest