The Student Room Group
Reply 1
correct. answer is 8.
Reply 2
Y = 8

If you get this with or without method you will get 2 marks.

...:smile:
Reply 3
Thanks. The y = was already in the answer book, so once I shown my working out, I just put 8 by the side of it. Would this be acceptable?

Also, another questioon asked to write down the reciprocal of 32, so I did 1/32 = 0.03125. Would this be correct?

Also another one asked to write an expression for 20 more free calls a month in terms of X for a person called Sue. So I wrote x+20. Would that be correct?
Reply 4
dalek2009
Thanks. The y = was already in the answer book, so once I shown my working out, I just put 8 by the side of it. Would this be acceptable?

Also, another questioon asked to write down the reciprocal of 32, so I did 1/32 = 0.03125. Would this be correct?

Also another one asked to write an expression for 20 more free calls a month in terms of X for a person called Sue. So I wrote x+20. Would that be correct?

All correct me thinks :yep:
Reply 5
I was also wondering, there are some questions on the exam papers that are worth two marks and are time calculations. Would one mark be for the method of counting time and the other for the answer?
dalek2009
I was also wondering, there are some questions on the exam papers that are worth two marks and are time calculations. Would one mark be for the method of counting time and the other for the answer?

Can you give an example question?

Typically, when something says "write down", it wants no (or minimal) working out and will be worth one mark.
Reply 7
It says as a question:

Kirsty plans to take the turkey out of the oven at 12:45

At what time must she start to cook it (2 Marks)
dalek2009
It says as a question:

Kirsty plans to take the turkey out of the oven at 12:45

At what time must she start to cook it (2 Marks)

Ah, then you need to show some evidence of having done some sort of subtraction or something for the first mark and the right answer for the second, yes.
Reply 9
Would I get a mark if I shown that I was counting the time, for example, listing the hours and then minutes to count up?
Reply 10
Seems the problem is incomplete. How would you know what time to start if there's no given any specific length of cooking time for a turkey? Would you use the normal cooking time?
Presumably the OP simply didn't type the full question out. :smile:

I don't know about mark allocations, I'm afraid. I don't think any of us is really going to know where the marks are allocated; why not try looking for a mark scheme?
Reply 12
generalebriety
Presumably the OP simply didn't type the full question out. :smile:

I don't know about mark allocations, I'm afraid. I don't think any of us is really going to know where the marks are allocated; why not try looking for a mark scheme?

I also presume that. Maybe that mark allocations depend on the checker? I also think that marking isn't discrete.

Latest