The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Confirmed QMUL places!

Scroll to see replies

Got in for studying Psychology! Woooooo!
Anyone else doing Psychology?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 41
Original post by ChloeElizabeth
Ministry and fabric are still fun even if you don't drink!! When I go to clubs I'm usually the person drinking water cos when u dance that's all you want really.... And i suppose I'd usually be called a "drinker"

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

i guess idk clubbing's just not really my thing :/ with that and not living in halls i have no idea what i'm going to do lol hope for the best >_<
Original post by h-94
i guess idk clubbing's just not really my thing :/ with that and not living in halls i have no idea what i'm going to do lol hope for the best >_<

Well I'm cutting down on my drinking by large amounts and I'm not in halls. So my plans for making friends is sports/gym and just being generally sociable (without getting carried away).

I've done the whole going out getting drunk every night thing. It's fun, but its a good way to fail.
Reply 43
Original post by n0c0ntr0l
Well I'm cutting down on my drinking by large amounts and I'm not in halls. So my plans for making friends is sports/gym and just being generally sociable (without getting carried away).

I've done the whole going out getting drunk every night thing. It's fun, but its a good way to fail.

whereabouts you commuting from? and that sounds like a plan i might just go in for sports for a nice change and get fit. what sports you interested in? i'm thinking of getting back into fencing.
Got in for Economics, Statistics & Mathematics :smile: quite happy - anyone else doing the same course?
Reply 45
Original post by TheNextBigMoonFruit
Got in for studying Psychology! Woooooo!
Anyone else doing Psychology?

MEEEE!!! Wohoooooo!
Original post by h-94
Got in for English! They're quite lenient, my offer was for 360 points/ AAAB, but I managed to get in on A*BBB.

Anybody else studying English?

I'm doing english :biggrin: really excited

Just a quick question, do you have to send in your results if you have a confirmed offer??
Original post by HannahtheFauves
I'm doing English! I got AAB but even if they weren't lenient my English was 3 UMS off an A*

So excited!

I'm glad i'm not the only one who got through with AAB... i rang them up only to find they had already confirmed the place i felt like such an idiot :colondollar:
need to dust of some books and start reading them again now :biggrin:
Original post by h-94
whereabouts you commuting from? and that sounds like a plan i might just go in for sports for a nice change and get fit. what sports you interested in? i'm thinking of getting back into fencing.

NO FRIGGEN WAY.

That's the exact sport i'm getting back into!!

Seriously!

That and hitting the gym like a possessed person.
Reply 49
Original post by Forget that
I'm doing english :biggrin: really excited

Just a quick question, do you have to send in your results if you have a confirmed offer??

hello! ^_^ and no you don't, UCAS sends them your results and if they've confirmed your offer it means they've received your results =) don't worry they sorted it.
Reply 50
NO FRIGGEN WAY.

That's the exact sport i'm getting back into!!

Seriously!

That and hitting the gym like a possessed person.

what a coincidence xD idk about the gym but great i'll probably see you in fencing then though probs without knowing it lol.
Original post by h-94
hello! ^_^ and no you don't, UCAS sends them your results and if they've confirmed your offer it means they've received your results =) don't worry they sorted it.

Yay, thanks a lot- their emails are quite confusing, so many of them :tongue:

Was Queens your first choice?? :smile:
Reply 52
Yay, thanks a lot- their emails are quite confusing, so many of them :tongue:

Was Queens your first choice?? :smile:

you're welcome lol i was a bit worried about that too for a bit.
and yes it was! was it yours? what was your insurance?
Original post by h-94
what a coincidence xD idk about the gym but great i'll probably see you in fencing then though probs without knowing it lol.

You'll know who I am. I'll be the loud obnoxious black guy :wink:
Reply 54
You'll know who I am. I'll be the loud obnoxious black guy :wink:

lool i'll keep an eye out for you then :smile: i'll be the girl in the hijab.
Original post by h-94
you're welcome lol i was a bit worried about that too for a bit.
and yes it was! was it yours? what was your insurance?

No it was my first choice- but because i got the grades needed for my second (AAB) i thought it automatically went to down to the insurance. So happy it didn't :biggrin:

I'm glad they were flexible- everyone has their positives and negatives about their results so it's good they looked at them individually
Reply 56
No it was my first choice- but because i got the grades needed for my second (AAB) i thought it automatically went to down to the insurance. So happy it didn't :biggrin:

I'm glad they were flexible- everyone has their positives and negatives about their results so it's good they looked at them individually

yeah for a split second i thought i was going to my insurance, glad i'm not in the end. well done on your results though =)
Cheers for the offer but I'm skivving off all rent this year. Just have to wait for the flat to be finish being built :angry:

As for a buzzing student house. Been there, done that, don't need to do freshers week again.

Fair enough ! Unlucky about that flat, hope your commute isn't too far. What are you studying?

Original post by ChloeElizabeth
Fair enough ! Unlucky about that flat, hope your commute isn't too far. What are you studying?

Anti-social basement studies.... Computer Science :biggrin:
Reply 59
Original post by h-94
lool i'll keep an eye out for you then :smile: i'll be the girl in the hijab.

would you be interested in charity week?
(saw the Muslim so like, kinda recruiting early :biggrin: )

Anti-social basement studies.... Computer Science :biggrin:

You'll love your first semester programming lecturer and than you'll hate the 2nd semester ones :biggrin: (best we could do was get him under academic review)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending