University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

BA Fashion Womenswear at CSM Offer!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Fashionistfix
Kattlin7 when did u apply to csm?
and was the project brief about a journey?

Jes it was the brief project, a'la 10 pages, called the journey, ...
I named it in The journey of the circle...

and I applyed on 15 of January....

I haven't still heard anything about my stuff... so... I gross the fingers... that I get to the next level:P

Good luck to others...
my nerves are going crazy....
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
what was yours based on?
Reply 22
pixy
what was yours based on?

It was mainly based on circles and one exhibition about the leather circles, as well one postcard from Italy. I made a moodboard and sketched down all what came into my head. Quite an intresting assignment I would say. I loved to do it...

What about yours?
Reply 23
mines based on a trip i recently took, not that interesting but im applying for print so the ideas of garments intertwined with print ideas i think works well together.
Reply 24
pixy
mines based on a trip i recently took, not that interesting but im applying for print so the ideas of garments intertwined with print ideas i think works well together.

Other than fashion, what else did you have in your portfolio? I'm not applying for BA this year but I'm curious for future reference.
Reply 25
I just finished my portfolio editing for UCA, I added several sketches, photos of shoots and moodboards. What about others, what you will include into portfolio?
Beyond the CSM I'm applying to UCA, Middelsex, Westminister... and in Bournemouth all in Womanswear.
Where else are you appling?
Reply 26
pixy

Sounds intresting, Yet I havent had chance to work with print so... I'm looking forward to get to know this area better. I find it so intresting...
and so colourful.... :smile:
Reply 27
Kattlin7
I just finished my portfolio editing for UCA, I added several sketches, photos of shoots and moodboards. What about others, what you will include into portfolio?
Beyond the CSM I'm applying to UCA, Middelsex, Westminister... and in Bournemouth all in Womanswear.
Where else are you appling?

I will included a mixture of work ranging from photography to sketches, paintings, moodboards, textile work. I think as long as you have enough work which reflects a range of different media's and shows creativity/skill then it should be fine.
I've applied to CSM, I've also applied to UCA, LCF and Northumbria.
Reply 28
Today I received my feedback letter explaining why my application was unsuccessful.

This consisted of a varitey of boxes which ranged from No evidence to Well Developed based on each specific criteria varying from the use of medium to time management.

When i glanced at the top I was amused to see that they had ticked the Menswear box when my mini project was based on Womenswear even though i applied for both. Furthermore i took time to read through all of the different criteria to see where i may have faltered, but it was the marks which were truely not a representation of my mini project. I had a ticks in no evidence/poor development for the using medium both three D and 2-D... i found this rather humours seeing that I had used a wide range of different materials and media's to fullfill this, all of which i took great time to create effective drawings and paintings.

Through going into this long process of finding out why I had been unsuccessful in achieveing an interview has illustrated to me the flaws within Central Saint Martins with their poor communication skills, general unhelpful approach and their clear lack of commitment of providing feedback which could be used within a useful manner.

I have washed my hands with the snooty scum which goes by the name of Central Saint Martins
Reply 29
Ouch!

I didn't realise there was a 3-d element to the project...?

So were you rejected from Womeswear/menswear?

Has anyone else heard anything back from them?
Reply 30
I haven't heard anything about my application not yet, i do gross my fingers... as mood went really down as I got today my negative replay from Westminister.
Good is that, I got a portfolio call from Middelsex. I do hope that CSM gives me a call to interview...
Did We needed to present the final outcome in 3-d???? What is about? I'm little confused, as I did what they asked... to show my sketches, moodboard, and fashion drawings on paper? Did they wanted to get the real products?
At least I had no idea about this. :s-smilie:

So what you thought about it?
Reply 31
le sept
Other than fashion, what else did you have in your portfolio? I'm not applying for BA this year but I'm curious for future reference.

i havent actually got my portfolio together yet.

so far most my works are prints and some tailoring im working on.

also did all of you get emails with the mini project brief?
Reply 32
Fashionistfix
Today I received my feedback letter explaining why my application was unsuccessful.

This consisted of a varitey of boxes which ranged from No evidence to Well Developed based on each specific criteria varying from the use of medium to time management.

When i glanced at the top I was amused to see that they had ticked the Menswear box when my mini project was based on Womenswear even though i applied for both. Furthermore i took time to read through all of the different criteria to see where i may have faltered, but it was the marks which were truely not a representation of my mini project. I had a ticks in no evidence/poor development for the using medium both three D and 2-D... i found this rather humours seeing that I had used a wide range of different materials and media's to fullfill this, all of which i took great time to create effective drawings and paintings.

Through going into this long process of finding out why I had been unsuccessful in achieveing an interview has illustrated to me the flaws within Central Saint Martins with their poor communication skills, general unhelpful approach and their clear lack of commitment of providing feedback which could be used within a useful manner.

I have washed my hands with the snooty scum which goes by the name of Central Saint Martins

I'm sorry it didn't go well for you. Time management was a criteria on your sheet? That's a bit strange since they couldn't judge or know how much time you spent on your art. What other criteria did they grade you on in the letter?
Reply 33
Fashionistfix
I will included a mixture of work ranging from photography to sketches, paintings, moodboards, textile work. I think as long as you have enough work which reflects a range of different media's and shows creativity/skill then it should be fine.

Should I add in portfolio other stuff than fashion, like paintings? I have hell of amount of them and I have left out my that side...
I'm just wondering if my portfolio is full of fashion stuff(small collections, ready sew outfits, moodboards, sketchbooks, stuff) is it to dull?
or... any advices?
and I'm forced to show all my stuff in PowerPoint presentations, what is so crazy as I already have my portfolio in pdf.
it is crazy every school has their own rules:biggrin:

and yes I got the negative reply from Westminster, and still no replies from CSM...
Reply 34
no thats what they want to see kattlin! its a fashion course so try to put in work that makes sense for what you are applying for, and make sure it follows an order.
Reply 35
le sept
I'm sorry it didn't go well for you. Time management was a criteria on your sheet? That's a bit strange since they couldn't judge or know how much time you spent on your art. What other criteria did they grade you on in the letter?

All the criteria were stated when we recieved the mini project and they basically mark our mini project based around it...

Student selection criteria
Applicants are selected according to their demonstration of potential and
current ability to:

work imaginatively and creatively in two and three dimensional
visual and material media
- engage with experimentation and invention
- show imagination and ambition in proposals for your work
- take informed risks

demonstrate a range of skills and technical abilities
- through your portfolio, demonstrate a range of approaches to
design development, originated from personal experience or visual
research and progressed through logical stages to finished design
solutions
- evidence handling a material or medium with sensitivity to its
qualities
- demonstrate engagement and improvement in a recently learned
technical skill
- demonstrate an awareness of planning and time management
Skills

provide evidence of intellectual enquiry within your work
- demonstrate relevant research skills
- evidence your ability to critically reflect and evaluate your
Achievements
demonstrate cultural awareness and/or contextual framework of
your work
- evidence an interest in contemporary fashion design
communication and promotion
- identify social and/or cultural influences on your work

articulate and communicate intentions clearly
- discuss your work in individual and group situations
- present your work appropriately and effectively

demonstrate commitment and motivation in relation to the subject
and the course
- develop your own ideas and address both set and personal project
briefs
- show willingness to collaborate
- show initiative
- reflect your knowledge of this course

And jkayll I applied to both womenswear and menswear BUT i only did a mini projected based on womenswear and clearly wrote on the envelope my chosen pathway, this being womenswear.

I am very dissapointed with their effort of feedback with simply using a tick box system opposed to a comment of some substance.

Any way Good luck to all of you who have applied :smile:
Reply 36
fashionistfix thats most likely why you were rejected, they usually dont like people applying for womens and mens.
its best just to stick the one area and if they they think you would have been more suited for another area they would tell you!

when did you get the mini project sent?
I applied for womenswear before the deadline in jan, sent the project and have a portfolio review Tuesday...I'm actually really impressed with the speed they have go back to applicants. Has anyone had the portfolio review session yet & if so what was it like? Thanks!
Oh and to those whoare applying to UCA...I applied to the Fashion Design course at Rochester last year on just my A-Level work...in fact I made a late application and was offered a place. I turned it down to do an art foundation year. The interviewer was really nice & the course looked really good. I am re-applying this year too along with others (obvs :biggrin:) Good Luck! I'm sure you will do fine!!
Reply 39
oh where are you doign the art foundation course?

when do you send the project? when they email you asking for it or just send it in whenever?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending