The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JH-QC
I got an email from the law admissions dept. today inviting me to their open day - is that good news or does everyone get that??

last year you got an offer if you were invited to the visit day, might have changed though but it looks promising. this was for law btw (:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 181
Haven't seen anyone who's applying to my course (Law with politics). Along with the invitation it's looking fairly promising!

EDIT: From the website:

Open days

We hold a number of open days during the application season to help you in your decisions.

We regularly have open days throughout the application period. Open days in the Department of Law are on an invitation basis only to students who have received offers from us. The college also has general open days.

Offers imminent?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 182
Original post by WhereIsMyMind
Oh and to those who were worrying about the acknowledgement email teams meaning auto rejection ect. I had mine from team 'E' which someone mentioned was a rejection one, fail, because I had mine from 'E' and I have a place!

Any info on team B? :colondollar:

Haha, :redface:
Reply 183
Original post by xbabycakes
I'm doing psychology. Anyone got an offer for psych yet? I'm so nervous :frown: If I don't get an offer from UCL (which, at the moment, is very likely) then QMUL will be my first choice. Reading this has made me worried though, because I got my comfirmation email from team B! haha, oh well.

Psychology team B here too :iam:
Reply 184
Original post by inspirational912
i got my acknowledgement from teamB like 2 days after my applications was sent.

Hi there team B buddy :biggrin:
Original post by snowshine
Hiya!

So I've been lurking for a while and I haven't seen a 2011 applicant's thread for QMUL and I've totally fallen in love with it and I was wondering if there are any other potential applicants out there. :biggrin:

EDIT: I'll update as much as possible!

adam0311 -- Law

YdLeet -- Physics

Alexandra289 -- English

Asadsrc -- Aerospace engineering

Continental -- Psychology

i_?_pie -- Computer Science

VickyG166 -- Law

memememememe, History :smile:
Original post by inspirational912
hello.
maths with finance & accounting (i've never seen anyone do this course on TSR :frown:)
question: i know QMUL has a lot of muslims, i have no problem with that, but are they judgemental, as in treat me like a outsider because i drink etc. i have muslim friends now and although they don't part in the disallowed stuff, we still get on great, u know play football and everything no problem. i respect what they're not allowed to do, and wouldnt ask them to do something against their religion, but would they treat me different anyway?

lol, no don't worry :smile: there are plenty of open-minded Muslims at QM, as there are in all other uni's.
Does anyone know how likely it is I'll be accepted after interview - I know it depends on how well I do but do they invite EVERYONE or just the people they think they want to give an offer? Or is it 50/50?
Original post by tommy1311
Haven't seen anyone who's applying to my course (Law with politics). Along with the invitation it's looking fairly promising!

EDIT: From the website:

Offers imminent?

yeah pretty much (:
Original post by WhereIsMyMind
Oh and to those who were worrying about the acknowledgement email teams meaning auto rejection ect. I had mine from team 'E' which someone mentioned was a rejection one, fail, because I had mine from 'E' and I have a place!

Hope!

mine was from team E..
Reply 190
Original post by bringmesunshine
nope :/ did you?

yeah.
I was thinking about whether its worth going but apparently the people who are invited are usually given offers :smile:
Not too sure tho.

Have you checked your junk mail?
Original post by JH-QC
I got an email from the law admissions dept. today inviting me to their open day - is that good news or does everyone get that??

I have too (for Law with Spanish Law). Does anyone know what it means? I don't know whether I should have reason to get all excited because QMUL is my 2nd choice?

I'm assuming they can't accommodate everybody, so we must have been narrowed down somehow, but is the open day going to constitute an 'informal' checking out of all the applicants in order to make their final decision?

Jeez, I'm nervous now!

Okay, I've just done a bit more research. The information on the QMUL Law website seems pretty good, that it's only applicants who have received an offer that are invited to an open day. However, in the invitation letter, I have a line that says "you will be able to learn a bit more about the Admissions process" which to me indicates that they're still making the decisions etc.

Wow, I can't type now (see this is the effect this kind of uncertain email has on me!). Can someone please shed some light where possible? I know people have been invited to law open days in January ish last year, so it seems odd that we'd get one as early as November, seeing as QMUL has so many law applicants!
(edited 13 years ago)
last year you got an offer if you were invited to the visit day, might have changed though but it looks promising. this was for law btw (:

So do the formal offers come through soon then, or do we have to wait until after the open day? What if you don't attend?

Oh, I wish they'd make these things clear!
Original post by killa78
yeah.
I was thinking about whether its worth going but apparently the people who are invited are usually given offers :smile:
Not too sure tho.

Have you checked your junk mail?

yeah they are and yeah i have. are you resitting as well as reapplying?
Original post by LornaSandison1
I have too (for Law with Spanish Law). Does anyone know what it means? I don't know whether I should have reason to get all excited because QMUL is my 2nd choice?

I'm assuming they can't accommodate everybody, so we must have been narrowed down somehow, but is the open day going to constitute an 'informal' checking out of all the applicants in order to make their final decision?

Jeez, I'm nervous now!

Okay, I've just done a bit more research. The information on the QMUL Law website seems pretty good, that it's only applicants who have received an offer that are invited to an open day. However, in the invitation letter, I have a line that says "you will be able to learn a bit more about the Admissions process" which to me indicates that they're still making the decisions etc.

Wow, I can't type now (see this is the effect this kind of uncertain email has on me!). Can someone please shed some light where possible? I know people have been invited to law open days in January ish last year, so it seems odd that we'd get one as early as November, seeing as QMUL has so many law applicants!

you get an offer usually, it is just an informal visit day to help you with your final decision
Reply 195
yeah they are and yeah i have. are you resitting as well as reapplying?

No resitting.
I am currently doing my A levels.

Is this visit important?
Original post by LornaSandison1

i think you get your formal offer the day after, i can't remember for sure. it is well worth going but if you can't make the date just ring up and they have other dates you can attend.
Original post by killa78

i would go if i were you, if you can't go for some reason i suggest you ring them
Reply 198
i would go if i were you, if you can't go for some reason i suggest you ring them

Okies
And thank yuou btw :smile:
Reply 199
I haven't gotten an invitation to the law open day. Does that mean they are definitely rejecting me?
(I live outside the UK, if that makes a difference)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending