The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Just got back from the cinema, and I really really enjoyed it. I'm quite happy for it not to follow the book entirely - you can't expect them to fit every detail in. I thought the scene with Harry and Hermoine dancing was actually really poignant. I did hide in the boyfriends shoulder when they were in Godrics Hollow, though, I'm easily scared :redface:
Original post by Theconomist
Highest selling books =/= good books.
Charles Dickens sold far less copies than J.K Rowlings yet can you compare the two?
Heck Sir Walter Raleigh one of the greatest Reinessance writers sold far far less copies than Twilight.Can you compare his work with that crap however?

I'd rather read Harry Potter than Dickens any day of the week. Dickens bores the crap out of me. I think you'll find that in a hundred years time Harry Potter will most likely be treated as a scholarly text as it reflects a great deal of relevant societal concerns. Please don't just mention old books to try and appear intelligent, it makes you look stupid :fyi:
Watched it this morning - brilliant! Everything I hoped it would be. Followed the plot well, and was scary, touching and hilarious :smile: I am a happy girl.
Reply 623
1-What do you think about the last movie?
2-What do you think about the whole saga (movies)? have they getting better or the contrary?
Debate starts!!!!
Nick Cave will be demanding royalties. Most random use of a song ever. It was my favourite part, mind.
Not enough Rickman. Not enough Bill Nighy. Boo.
Also, there were loads of scenes where someone said something, then there was an awkward pause, as if someone had forgotten their line.
Ron is just a comedy stooge.
Still, Nick Cave in Harry Potter, win.
And the landscapes looked beautiful.
Reply 625
Original post by damos92
Your sig is correct, but it doesn't encompass the whole of the HP series and its messages. I mean, from book 5 onwards, the developing and maintenance of relationships is quite a prevalant sub plot.

Harry/Ginny. Ron/Lavender etc.

Couldn't fit an essay in there if i'm honest.
not gunna lie it was a brilliant film, but my imaturity got the best of me at some scenes like the bit where ron returns:
"Do you need a wand harry.......here, ive got one, a nice blackwood, 10 inches" pahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha srry, but yeah its probably the best film in series i have seen so far....lets hope the second part doesnt dissapoint
Something I just found. :awesome:

Reply 628
Original post by Trigger
Couldn't fit an essay in there if i'm honest.

I see your point, although my point is that you are comparing the two by pointing out that Twilight is about the importance of having a boyfriend, but HP does the exact same thing.

But yeah, HP definitely has stronger themes and messages of the other points mentioned in your sig and it is a lot better than Twilight. Imo of course.
Reply 629
Original post by damos92
I see your point, although my point is that you are comparing the two by pointing out that Twilight is about the importance of having a boyfriend, but HP does the exact same thing.

But yeah, HP definitely has stronger themes and messages of the other points mentioned in your sig and it is a lot better than Twilight. Imo of course.

Be quiet.
Reply 630
Twilight is just Hollyoaks with vampires, but less scary 'mrite
Reply 631
I am just back from watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at the cinema, and was wondering what everyone thought/thinks of the film.
Reply 632
Seemed like an introduction to the realllll deathly hallows! Part two should be crazyyyyyyyyyy
Reply 633
Original post by Trigger
Be quiet.

STFU, acting superior because you want to be that way is just laughable.
Reply 634
I sort of felt that this one didn't have much in it, it was all about them camping with a little bit of fighting in between. Next one should be MUCH better. :biggrin: Well made film, but I also didnt like that animation bit. That was not how harry potter should be
Reply 635
Original post by damos92
STFU, acting superior because you want to be that way is just laughable.

Yeah...that's me alright...:blah:
Reply 636
Being a bit of a prick
Reply 637
Original post by reems23
Being a bit of a prick

Uh huh.
Just read through this thread after finally having seen it! I predicted correctly the place they would finish at :biggrin: Tbh it was a no brainer though, as that's really the only place the action dies down. Loved Dobby though, and his final words :cry2: Loved the dance scene; really warmed to Daniel Radcliffe in this film. Maybe because he's stopped grinding his teeth like an idiot! Thought it was brilliant in staying true to the book; even quoting it word for word in some cases! Obviously some glaring errors (Phineus Nigellus' portrait?!) but I didn't notice them while I was watching, so it wasn't too distracting! I think my sister was sat watching for the whole two hours with a massive grin on her face, so it's been a success on that front! Just got to wait eight months now :colonhash:
i usually hate the films for not following the book properly, but this one was soooo much better than the last two!

actually wasn't disappointed, although daniel radcliff's acting is so bad!!

and did anyone notice they didnt show dudleys face? hahah

Quick Reply

Latest