The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Feeding off of the racism question to which James9876 gave a good answer, I'm just wondering, is Bristol of particularly right wing University? It might be something which would put me off it a little... I'm beyond happy with my offer, though!

Hope I don't sound too stupid asking this, it's just something I heard.
(edited 13 years ago)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 301
Have an offer for Mech Engineering, AAA :smile:
Original post by lim.cy
Have an offer for Mech Engineering, AAA :smile:

Well done! how long did you have to wait for that offer off them after they recieved your application?

Bristol is my top choice and I'm really anxious x]
Original post by woppit
Has anyone had an offer for French or French and Spanish? Or do you know what the typical offer would normally be? As on the website it says BBB for French but that doesn't seem right at all!

Hi, somebody asked about the surprisingly low grade requiements for languages at the open day, and the response was that they are looking for a real sense of enthusiasm and commitment to the subject area in your personal statement and not necessarily outstanding grades :smile:
Reply 304
Original post by SteadyTeddy
Well done! how long did you have to wait for that offer off them after they recieved your application?

Bristol is my top choice and I'm really anxious x]

2 weeks & 3 days to be exact, this is my first offer so I know how you feel XD
Just got an AAA offer for maths with computer science after my admissions day on the 17th
:woo:
I've got a place next year to study Mechanical Engineering, is anyone else applying for that/got a place?
Original post by jinx!
Feeding off of the racism question to which James9876 gave a good answer, I'm just wondering, is Bristol of particularly right wing University? It might be something which would put me off it a little... I'm beyond happy with my offer, though!

Well I think it has a relatively high proportion of private school kids compared to other unis if that's what you mean?
Reply 308
Ive applied for Paramedic science :eek:
Reply 309
Hey, I'm a fresher at Bristol, so any questions, just ask!
Good luck, everyone!
Reply 310
Original post by kolokov
I sent my application off on 16th September and have only had one acknowledgement so far - from LSE - but as you say, not all unis acknowledge. Anyone know how long Bristol usually take to make decisions?

They never sent me an acknowledgement, and didn't offer me a place until March!
Reply 311
Original post by jinx!

Again, with 18,000 students I'd be very surprised if you found the student body was overwhelmingly right-wing. I think it's about 1/3 of Bristol's students are from private education, but again I don't think in this day and age that private education is necessarily a precursor to right-wing views. As with the racism issue, at University you're going to find right-wing, left-wing, central, not bothered: every political stance imaginable. You'll also find that, at this level of education, most people are much more open minded about these things. I don't think anyone's political views will impact on your time at University too much.
Original post by MackaBizzle
I've got a place next year to study Mechanical Engineering, is anyone else applying for that/got a place?

LOL well look who it is :wink: i think we know im not..
Has anyone got an offer for English yet? I've applied and want one sooooo badly. :frown:
Original post by coupdefoudre
LOL well look who it is :wink: i think we know im not..

look who it is indeed. Are you sure? Can't tempt you into the mathematical and mechanical world of engineering? No? thought not. Ah well.

I think I'd quite like to go and look round again before I go, would you be up for a trip?
Original post by SergioMZ
In my prospectus says BBB for French and ABB-BBC for Spanish. It seems correct.
(I'm applying to Politics, I just checked the prospectus up to see if it was a website's mistake... it seems low to me too, but all the better!)

and i think it goes up to ABB or AAB if you're applying for two languages jointly ?
i love that you speak catalan btw, i'm learning! :smile:
Reply 316
Original post by KingMessi
Has anyone got an offer for English yet? I've applied and want one sooooo badly. :frown:

Nothing so far <3
Reply 317
Original post by coupdefoudre
and i think it goes up to ABB or AAB if you're applying for two languages jointly ?
i love that you speak catalan btw, i'm learning! :smile:

not necessarily; my offer was abb, but i know people on the same course as me whose offers were bbb.
it really depends on the language(s) you take, and the popularity of the course.
i have a friend whose offer was like bbc... it's very random, bristol, i'm afraid!
Applying for French. Have heard nothing and applied the 5th of November. Quite worried...
Original post by Muffinz
Nothing so far <3

:erm: Maybe Bristol just don't give out offers this early for English, but...I still don't like the wait. :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending