The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Any chances for LSE ?

Hello everyone,
i am a student from Cyprus , i finished school and i am currently in the army for another year and ill be doing my application from now. So here are my qualifications:
- Apolitirion with 19
- A lvl Accounting with A
- A lvl Statistics with A
- IGCSE English Language with B
- IELTS with 8.0
With these qualification what are the chances to be accepted in LSE?
Reply 1
2 A levels and an IGCSE i doubt it very much...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by |Sam|
2 A levels and an IGCSE i doubt it very much...

Yes but his Apoli. is equivalent to AAA

OP: Yes.
What course?!
I'm going to go with a controversial 'maybe'.
Applicants offering the Apolytirion would normally be expected to offer an overall mark of at least 17 out of 20, and additionally have at least two GCE A levels.

The School in general does not expect specific subjects offered at GCE A level, but it does prefer `traditional' academic A level subjects, rather than `non-traditional' subjects such as Accounting and Business Studies, etc. However, a `non-traditional' subject would be considered, but only in combination with other `traditional' academic subjects. An A level (or equivalent) in your first/native language may not be counted.

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/informationForInternationalStudents/countryRegion/europeEU/cyprus.aspx

found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1005056&page=90
Reply 6
Oh the course is Accounting and Finance forgot to mention . So A lvl Accounting is a non traditional subject that is not preferred so it minimizes my chances ,that's not good ?
Reply 7
Original post by Konstandinos
Hello everyone,
i am a student from Cyprus , i finished school and i am currently in the army for another year and ill be doing my application from now. So here are my qualifications:
- Apolitirion with 19
- A lvl Accounting with A
- A lvl Statistics with A
- IGCSE English Language with B
- IELTS with 8.0
With these qualification what are the chances to be accepted in LSE?

Ela re! I'm also from Cyprus, and i'll be attending LSE next year for Accounting and Finance! I had AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Accounting and History, IELTS with 8.0 and Apolitirion with 19 11/12. Give it a try. What other unis do you consider?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Kyriako, i am thinking also about UCL, Warwick and Edinburgh, but my priority is LSE
Reply 9
Original post by KyriakosCy
Ela re! I'm also from Cyprus, and i'll be attending LSE next year for Accounting and Finance! I had AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Accounting and History, IELTS with 8.0 and Apolitirion with 19 11/12. Give it a try. What other unis do you consider?

Btw Kyriako i also wanted to know if Maths is a MUST for Accounting and Finance at LSE, do i really need it because i haven't done it
Reply 10
Original post by Konstandinos
Btw Kyriako i also wanted to know if Maths is a MUST for Accounting and Finance at LSE, do i really need it because i haven't done it

At the course requirement it says "No specific subjects are required at A level, but candidates will normally have an level Mathematics (or equivalent). Those candidates who do not have A level Mathematics (or equivalent) should be prepared to develop their mathematical skills and will be provided with support including tailored first year courses in mathematics and statistics", hence, AL Maths is not a must, but most of the candidates normally have AL in Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending