The Student Room Group

Economic History

I am set on applying for Economic History at LSE, but I am stumped as to what other courses to apply to. The main uni’s I have in mind are LSE, UCL, KCL, Warwick, St Andrews, Glasgow, Edinburgh but I admit I haven’t looked much beyond these. My point is the other uni’s don’t really have courses similar enough for me to apply to or write a good personal statement for. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by ooKage
I am set on applying for Economic History at LSE, but I am stumped as to what other courses to apply to. The main uni’s I have in mind are LSE, UCL, KCL, Warwick, St Andrews, Glasgow, Edinburgh but I admit I haven’t looked much beyond these. My point is the other uni’s don’t really have courses similar enough for me to apply to or write a good personal statement for. What should I do?

Applying to all of LSE, UCL, KCL, Warwick for any subject, is not a good idea.
They are all ridiculously competitive and your chances of an offer, even of you meet/exceed the entry requirements are slim. This isnt because these Unis are 'better', its just the supposed glamour of being in London, and Warwick's 'reputation'. Look at Leeds, York etc to increase your offer chances.

I would suggest only one or at most, two of these Unis - and you will need at least one much lower grade choice as an Insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending