The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darth Vader.
That said, if I had used the ineffective Ewoks, they would be quite ... disposable.

Not now they've got trade unions. If just one gets maimed from unsatisfactory working conditions, they'll strike faster than you can say "original-series'-Jar-Jar-Binks".
Original post by Phalanges
In fairness the timing of it coincided with the end of my term so I haven't had any time to deal with or promote it. Might try and get a themed one up over christmas when people have more time and see if we can't drum up a bit of support - Great Escape, anyone? :teeth:

How about one of The Godfather movies? (Not III). Meaty film to get into. :awesome:
Not now they've got trade unions. If just one gets maimed from unsatisfactory working conditions, they'll strike faster than you can say "original-series'-Jar-Jar-Binks".

Blast. I already have human resources and health and safety constantly suffocating me, faster than my broken life-support system, for my rather innocent force-choking habits. What happened to the good 'ol days where you would be judged not by who you choked but by the power of your force choke...

Now I have been assigned desk duties to fill out forms for dead stormtroopers.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if you owned a film production company?

I think of that question quite often.
Original post by unknownking321

I think it occasionaly.

And then i drop the idea when i think that it might lead to people discussing the crap i produce in threads not dissimilar to this one.
Reply 4525

Absolutely agree. One of my mates owns a production company and I work for him every now and again but I'd love to be able to be making films regularly. I pretty much have all the camera equipment needed to shoot stuff with decent production values but I lack the talent to write scripts. :frown:
Original post by Roobsa
Absolutely agree. One of my mates owns a production company and I work for him every now and again but I'd love to be able to be making films regularly. I pretty much have all the camera equipment needed to shoot stuff with decent production values but I lack the talent to write scripts. :frown:

You might be interested in this link (original source: Ape Gone Insane).
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?"
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?"

:biggrin:

What did you think?

Spoiler

Hmmm. :holmes:
Not finished yet. :ninja:
Original post by Darth Vader.
Blast. I already have human resources and health and safety constantly suffocating me, faster than my broken life-support system, for my rather innocent force-choking habits. What happened to the good 'ol days where you would be judged not by who you choked but by the power of your force choke...

Now I have been assigned desk duties to fill out forms for dead stormtroopers.

Yeah, you can't help it if your force-choking habits are connected to you clenching your first. Kinda like a macro. And fist clenching is a necessary part of the job description of being an evil Empire Lord of Sith. Otherwise, your fellow workers won't take you as seriously.

Why can't you delegate those forms? You should tell the Emperor to stop busting your balls. I suppose the downside of that is he'd give you an electric zap.
Original post by Madjackismad
:biggrin:

What did you think?

Spoiler

Fantastic film. Why didn't I see it sooner? Guess I was under the misapprehension it wasn't going to be good. I've never seen Robert De Niro act in this capacity before.

Was the ending real or is it open to interpretation?

I don't think we need to use spoiler tags for such an old film. :p:

If you have any more recommendations, please send them my way. You've given me some greats (Synecdoche, New York, Being John Malkovich, Inland Empire). I like films like Being John Malkovich and Primer.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Madjackismad
How about one of The Godfather movies? (Not III). Meaty film to get into. :awesome:

I've realised that Inception is out on DVD now, and regardless of that there's only about 10 people left in the world that haven't seen it.... we're gonna do Inception, that'll get loads of people with loads to say.

So guys, start thinking about what to write. I expect a big turnout.

Nah, couldn't do with the hassle. I'd rather be in one of those repeat collaborations of director-writer-editor, be much more fun.

Fantastic film. Why didn't I see it sooner? Guess I was under the misapprehension it wasn't going to be good. I've never seen Robert De Niro act in this capacity before.

:lolwut: De Niro is one of the greatest actors ever. How can you not have seen Mean Streets, Godfather Part II, The Deer Hunter, Raging Bull, Goodfellas, Cape Fear...
Reply 4534
When I was 10 I took Taxi Driver to school because there were about five of us bringing films in and the one with the most votes would be the end of term afternoon video treat....

Free Willy won and I got a letter home!
Original post by aja89
When I was 10 I took Taxi Driver to school because there were about five of us bringing films in and the one with the most votes would be the end of term afternoon video treat....

Free Willy won and I got a letter home!

:laugh:

Up until 1.10 I thought this looked like an awesome premise for a film. Then they tacked on superpowers and I lost interest.

I also find it particularly annoying that they decided to spoil their own movie. Oh, so the cute girl-next-door who looks like she might have some secrets to hide is number six? Plot ruined. But then who needs a plot if you have Michael Bay producing it?

Up until 1.10 I thought this looked like an awesome premise for a film. Then they tacked on superpowers and I lost interest.

I also find it particularly annoying that they decided to spoil their own movie. Oh, so the cute girl-next-door who looks like she might have some secrets to hide is number six? Plot ruined. But then who needs a plot if you have Michael Bay producing it?

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you. Another bad sign is that it has Timothy Olyphant as a major character, who was great in Deadwood, and since then has been in a succession of poor films.
Reply 4538
I somehow managed to get to this video after a chain of arbitrary youtube videos; haven't seen it for years, and I just found it incredible, definitely didn't think it was anything special the first time round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q171UBuJwGI

Was the ending real or is it open to interpretation?

I don't think we need to use spoiler tags for such an old film. :p:

If you have any more recommendations, please send them my way. You've given me some greats (Synecdoche, New York, Being John Malkovich, Inland Empire). I like films like Being John Malkovich and Primer.

It's one of my favourite movies of all time. Btw, Robert De Niro is excellent in Taxi Driver, but he just takes it to a completely new level in Raging Bull, he's just towering in Raging Bull. So was Scorseses because he thought it was going to be the last film he was ever going to make, so he was pulling out all the stops in making it. He should've won the Oscar for Raging Bull, but at least De Niro got the Best Actor Oscar for it.

Yeah, the ending is definitely open to interpretation; it's jarring when suddenly juxtaposed with Travis going gun crazy at the end. A lot of people think that it's Travis dreaming when he is in a coma and that the sharp whistle at the very end is the life support machines suddenly failing him. There's a considerable debate over it.

Eraserhead. :awesome: You'll have nightmares for days.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest