The Student Room Group

US Army heroes? Think again!

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

I cannot believe I hadn't heard about this before, so thought I would spread the word!

This angered me so much, these ****ing sick ***** better rot in hell. Sorry for swearing but when you watch the video you'll feel exactly the same way! :mad:

Unbelievable and unforgivable!!

EDIT:

Please also watch the eye-witness soldier video at the bottom, even if it's only the first couple of minutes. I do not believe that all soldiers are sick bastards, some deserve a lot of respect for what they do. But this soldier tells us that there are the good and the bad in the army, and that's all armys not just the US.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

the number of replies in this thread sums up my thoughts...
Reply 2
I don't feel the same.

Just think an AC130 would have been more effective. Hell, I could of got most of them with a n00btube for crying out loud.
Multikill!

Haha I'm kidding that video is ****ing disgusting
I saw this a few weeks ago and assumed it was the video leaked by wikileaks back in 2007. Yes, I was incredibly angry at what I saw and heard, but this is America we are talking about - The biggest and greatest glorifiers of war and death that the world has known.

Remember it was only 60 years ago when America, the land of the greats, dropped atom bombs on Japan killing 250,000 people.

Also remember that this was all under Bush's order and a whole lot of good(and money) it did for the world.

Yours faithfully, an avid pacifist.
Reply 5
This ****s ancient.
Doesnt match up to 3000 in 9/11.
Reply 7
really old now but what were you expecting they are AMERICANS if you have ever spoken to an American on the internet you would understand
Reply 8
You should watch Generation Kill

This has been discussed in length on these forums. Basically things are different when your in a battleground. It's easy to observe these soldiers from an armchair and criticise what they do. You don't know what its like to be in a situation like that. It's fuelled on fear and this means mistakes happen, the soldier in the 3rd video is right, we shouldn't be there. At least we shouldn't in this capacity.
(edited 13 years ago)
Beats eastenders,Im sorry but I feel nothing watching this.The had legitimate reason to fire.How were they to know there were kids in the van.It is unclear the faction of the rescuers.

It's sad kids were injured but why drive a van full of kids into an area being CAS'd
It was wrong to cover it up but.It would of damaged morale,Made propaganda for the enemy,and lost the million dollar investment of the gunship crew.

Sure they F***** up an hindsight is a wonderful thing. In a combat zone there is little clarity.The targets were engaged because the so called RPG was a threat.They messed up once and are getting crucified.However can you tell how many soldiers and other non-combatants clever enough to get inside were saved another day.

It ain't easy over there more so if noone is behind them.War isn't pleasant 2000nd years have taught us that much

No offence intended, Tom
Original post by pippa90

I cannot believe I hadn't heard about this before, so thought I would spread the word!

This angered me so much, these ****ing sick ***** better rot in hell. Sorry for swearing but when you watch the video you'll feel exactly the same way! :mad:

i don't feel angry, but watching the video, the men that were carrying the camera does indeed look like weapons they're holding, mistaken identity.

i do understand why they opened fire. they do look like they're carrying weapons, HOWEVER, sitting here on a sofa and looking very carefully, its not a gun but if i were the pilot, i would shoot first before double checking as the people have 50/50 chance of attacking and hurting people.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by big-boss-91
i don't feel angry, but watching the video, the men that were carrying the camera does indeed look like weapons they're holding, mistaken identity.

i do understand why they opened fire. they do look like they're carrying weapons, HOWEVER, sitting here on a sofa and looking very carefully, its not a gun but if i were the pilot, i would shoot first before double checking as the people have 50/50 chance of attacking and hurting people.

Original post by AwsomePossum
Beats eastenders,Im sorry but I feel nothing watching this.The had legitimate reason to fire.How were they to know there were kids in the van.It is unclear the faction of the rescuers.

It's sad kids were injured but why drive a van full of kids into an area being CAS'd
It was wrong to cover it up but.It would of damaged morale,Made propaganda for the enemy,and lost the million dollar investment of the gunship crew.

Sure they F***** up an hindsight is a wonderful thing. In a combat zone there is little clarity.The targets were engaged because the so called RPG was a threat.They messed up once and are getting crucified.However can you tell how many soldiers and other non-combatants clever enough to get inside were saved another day.

It ain't easy over there more so if noone is behind them.War isn't pleasant 2000nd years have taught us that much

No offence intended, Tom

Original post by Ewan
You should watch Generation Kill

This has been discussed in length on these forums. Basically things are different when your in a battleground. It's easy to observe these soldiers from an armchair and criticise what they do. You don't know what its like to be in a situation like that. It's fuelled on fear and this means mistakes happen, the soldier in the 3rd video is right, we shouldn't be there. At least we shouldn't in this capacity.

Wow, I didn't realise how many inhumane people there are around these days.

Did you not hear them saying things like "Oh come on hurry up, I just want to shoot!" at the guy who was badly injured and "I think I just ran over a dead body", "hahahaha".

It's ****ing sick, and if you agree with or defend this kind of behaviour then you are ****ing sick too.
Original post by himynameisbob
the number of replies in this thread sums up my thoughts...

Lol I think they deleted the thread first of all, but I complained and they must have put it back up :smile:
Only a moron would expect a soldier to be breaking down into floods of tears as they go about the business of killing people.

This is what happens when idiot civilians get exposed to the realities of combat - you get clueless threads like this.

pippa90

Did you not hear them saying things like "Oh come on hurry up, I just want to shoot!" at the guy who was badly injured and "I think I just ran over a dead body", "hahahaha".

It's ****ing sick, and if you agree with or defend this kind of behaviour then you are ****ing sick too.

They're soldiers. This is a job to them. ****ing get over it.

What happened was terrible but it wasn't the fault of the pilots, and the manner they had whilst doing it is exactly what I'd expect from people who are exposed to this on a daily basis.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Most of the idiots in here clearly dont understand combat.
Reply 15
Original post by pippa90

Hate to be the one to defend those men but someone has to. They thought those were weapons which they culd we have been so from that point of view they felt they were defending themselves

As for the jokes and such. Well you trying going to war, everyone has to find a way to get through it or you will go insane.
well OP, if you're so unhappy, why not do something about it?

Or are you just going to sit in your little chair and pretend to care about what you just saw?
Original post by FyreFight
Only a moron would expect a soldier to be breaking down into floods of tears as they go about the business of killing people.

This is what happens when idiot civilians get exposed to the realities of combat - you get clueless threads like this.

They're soldiers. This is a job to them. ****ing get over it.

What happened was terrible but it wasn't the fault of the pilots, and the manner of the pilots is exactly what I'd expect from people who do this on a daily basis.

Of course I wouldn't expect a soldier to be in tears, if so they shouldn't be a soldier in the first place. But getting a thrill out of killing people, wanting to kill more and laughing about it is just a tad over the line. If Muslim soldiers were doing this in America or anywhere else there would be outrage, and you're telling me to get over it? Why don't you go over and tell all of the innocent victims of war's families to get over it?
Reply 18
Original post by pippa90

It's a coping method. It may seem sick to you but killing people is inhuman and different people cope in different ways.

Also perhaps this will help you understand:

A mans wife is killed by someone on the street. The man is so filled with rage because his family has been taken from him that he wants to kill the murderer.

A soldiers family is his companions (other soldiers). The enemy (the iraqi insurgents) are killing his family. He's so filled with rage he kills anyone who he thinks may harm or have harmed his family.
Brb, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians.

/American

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending