The Student Room Group

Bought something from Amazon.

I placed an order on Amazon by 'Amazon' - not one of the other sellers. The order had two items and I placed the order on the 27th November, the estimated delivery date was the 3rd December...it's now the 12th and I still don't have it.

I also did another order on the same date, this wasn't with Amazon but one of their sellers and I got that a couple of days after. This order was Standard Delivery, yet the other was FREE Super Saver which is supposed to be 2-4 business days.

I know the whole weather situation has probably affected it, but how long could it possibly take. I can't email the 'seller' as it is Amazon itself, so what am I supposed to do?
Reply 1
The reason is probably because Amazon's warehouses are based in Jersey so it takes longer for items to get onto the mainland and be delivered whereas the seller was probably based somewhere in the UK. I ordered something from Tesco Entertainment (also based in Jersey) a week or two back and it's still not arrived....
Reply 2
Email Amazon then we can't really help you
You can contact Amazon, you know. They'll find out where your stuff is.
Reply 4
It also probably has something to do with the fact it's so near Christmas now - Amazon always gets backlogged and slower at this time of year.
Reply 5
Original post by Aj12
Email Amazon then we can't really help you

Original post by Antifazian
You can contact Amazon, you know. They'll find out where your stuff is.

I've emailed them and they said that they've already sent the stuff out, this email was a couple of days back, so they don't know where it is.
Reply 6
I'm a regular Amazon shopper and it seems to me that they're always slow even if it's not christmas time (or maybe that was just for my country - haven't ordered anything since living in London) ...
But yea, I think online orders are just a mess right now...
Reply 7
Original post by Mega Nerd
I've emailed them and they said that they've already sent the stuff out, this email was a couple of days back, so they don't know where it is.

Should be able to email them asking them to cancel it. Tere should be a date that is the latest they will deliver by after that you can cancel it or ask them to send another copy out free of charge
Reply 8
Ring them
dont worry the same thing happened to me just call them and ask them to check your order
Reply 10
I just bought a netbook and had the same problem, was supposed to be delivered on the 2nd, online said it had been delivered on the 3rd but hadn't heard anything so rang them on the 4th and they were pretty useless tbh said they had delivered it, then when I asked who they had delivered it to, they made up a name and said they were unable to tell me which house it was left at but if I still hadn't received anything by the 9th then they would send me a new one out, anyway finally got the original yesterday, I feel a final complaint coming on tho, hopefully get some free stuff :P but yeh my suggestion would be to just keep pestering them and it should be there soon, one way or another.
Reply 11
That´s why I dont like Amazon. Sometimes they really need too much time to deliver item.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending