The Student Room Group

How long Christmas holiday does your university give you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
17t Dec to 31 Jan
3 weeks.

lectures+exams just before holidays and lectures+exams once we get back.

Gawd I love it here
Reply 22
17th December - 10th January
But, really, the 1st week back is revision week and exams are 17th-29th..
Southampton.
Reply 23
Officially three weeks but my class broke up last week. :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Redkicker
Which university do you go to, and how long is the Christmas break they give you?

University of Aberdeen. 1 month (17th December-17th January) :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds
2 months =/ Finish this Wednesday, the 15th and Semester B starts on the 15th of Feb. Too long if you ask me.

2 months. U are lucky. But, also that is far too long imo. What do you do with all that time? What University do you attend?
Reply 26
Glasgow. 3 weeks.
Although, for the past week and this week coming we're on a sort of study leave for exams. Lectures finished at the end of November.
I really only had to be in for one lesson this week, and last week was a snow WEEK, and next week I'm only in Wednesday, and got a hand in on Friday. Then got a hand in on the 4th January, and more hand-in's on the 10th. So I think officially it's like 2 weeks, but because of how its all worked out (and two lessons and the hand in dates taken out of it), I'll have had 6 weeks off.
I had 2 weeks off last year, so am looking forward to 3 weeks off this year. Well, techincally 4 as I just have a 9-10 exam tomorrow and then am done. :awesome:
We finish 17th. We have just over 2 weeks until first exam on 5th, 7th and 14th. Lectures start 24th.
Don't get much of a break sadly.

Derby Uni
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
3 weeks.

lectures+exams just before holidays and lectures+exams once we get back.

Gawd I love it here

This :sigh: Everybody else seems to have 4 weeks! I have 3 exams and 1 piece of coursework this week, and a piece of coursework and 2 exams to revise for over christmas. What is it with London unis? :frown:
Original post by ily_em
This :sigh: Everybody else seems to have 4 weeks! I have 3 exams and 1 piece of coursework this week, and a piece of coursework and 2 exams to revise for over christmas. What is it with London unis? :frown:

They're life-destroyers :mad:

I actually see myself working on Christmas day.

Ah well, I hope it gets better, apparently 2nd year is the worst.
Reply 32
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
They're life-destroyers :mad:

I actually see myself working on Christmas day.

Ah well, I hope it gets better, apparently 2nd year is the worst.

I'm in first year. Wahoo...
Original post by ily_em
I'm in first year. Wahoo...

Well, I was speaking for my course :tongue: I have no idea what yours is like.

My first year wasnt exactly a walk in the park either, it was ~10 exams after christmas. Anyways, maybe it might all be worth it in the end.

Good luck, and get off TSR and study!!
5 weeks in theory (16th Dec- 24th Jan) but we have an assignment due in on the 10th of Jan and I've got sports team practices that start on the 9th so I'm only going home for three weeks.
Original post by JAZZA007
2 months. U are lucky. But, also that is far too long imo. What do you do with all that time? What University do you attend?

It is way too long. I'm gonna get looking for a job for a bit of extra money in my back pocket, even if it's somewhere like McDonald's or part-time in a bar, money's money.

If that fails, then, I dunno, probably read all the books on my shelf and sleep lots.

I go to UEL.
Reply 36
Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds
It is way too long. I'm gonna get looking for a job for a bit of extra money in my back pocket, even if it's somewhere like McDonald's or part-time in a bar, money's money.

If that fails, then, I dunno, probably read all the books on my shelf and sleep lots.

I go to UEL.

Well looks like I'll be applying for a postgrad at UEL :biggrin:
Original post by JAZZA007
Well looks like I'll be applying for a postgrad at UEL :biggrin:

Well let me just warn you that if you want to go to a uni that's well organised and doesn't tell you that you haven't emailed work to them when you have pictorial fact that you have, don't come here.

Some teachers are good but a select few can be right words-which-cannot-be-said-on-here.
Reply 38
A month.
MMU - Exactly 4 weeks and 3 days :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending