The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tani.
Thank you :h: so what film are you discussing now? ;D
Has anyone seen Tetro? amazing film :yep:

We're all on different things :p:

I'm currently working my way through Road to Perdition, Moon and The Pacific, and a seriously hyped for Tron.
If only I had thought of the PM new members thing sooner. We could have had hundreds of new members passing through. :emo:

Still there's always Mass PM if the admins ever implement it.

Original post by tani.
Thank you :h: so what film are you discussing now? ;D
Has anyone seen Tetro? amazing film :yep:

A mixture, Scott Pilgrim, Tron: Legacy (which is a day or two away).

What are your favourite films? Any recents views or anticipated films you have coming up? :h:

Thinking of giving Tropic Thunder and Fantastic Mr Fox a watch.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

I didn't particularly like Tropic Thunder.

Unlike most of my friends i simply didn't find it funny.
Original post by Phalanges
I'm looking forward to it I guess, I'm just not overly excited like "Oh this is going to be awesome!". I can't even be bothered to watch the interviews about it on hollywoodstreams now. I think the advertising was done pretty poorly really, it's fatigued me.

And too late about True Grit, I have the Cash song from the trailer (perhaps the greatest song for a western ever) playing on a loop in my head. :p: That is a film with substance though as opposed to just flashy lights, so I think it's got my staying power.

You'll never catch me alive.

What do you mean about the advertising? Lack of it meaning that people are not as aware or too much of it? Are you going to see it at the IMAX?
Phalanges' clever post trying to excuse/squeeze himself from the repercussions (aka death) when Tron turns out to be an average film - after building it up for so long. Like S-Man said, you will not escape sir. :shifty:

Welcome to the thread! :h:

Shameful confession: I've only watched the Departed in that list. :colondollar:

Srs? :indiff:

What makes you think that Tron will be an average film? :p:
Original post by cambo211
I didn't particularly like Tropic Thunder.

Unlike most of my friends i simply didn't find it funny.

There is no middle ground with Tropic Thunder tbh. I found it funny and loved it. Those who don't like it are on the other end of the scale. I still have to hear someone say Tropic Thunder was "meh".

If only I had thought of the PM new members thing sooner. We could have had hundreds of new members passing through. :emo:

Still there's always Mass PM if the admins ever implement it.

A mixture, Scott Pilgrim, Tron: Legacy (which is a day or two away).

What are your favourite films? Any recents views or anticipated films you have coming up? :h:

Give Tropic Thunder a watch.
Reply 4926
The cinematography in this is going to be phenomenal.

Original post by S-man10
There is no middle ground with Tropic Thunder tbh. I found it funny and loved it. Those who don't like it are on the other end of the scale. I still have to hear someone say Tropic Thunder was "meh".

Give Tropic Thunder a watch.

I've noticed that as well. I generally love films like that but for some reason it just didn't do anything for me.
I still haven't seen scott pilgrim :emo:

Original post by S-man10
I need to see Scott Pilgrim.

Watch it, now. It's so overblown and awesome; taking brilliant parts from both arcade gaming and comics as well as excellent cinema. Somewhere in the middle of it all, there manages to be a good story, and hilarious comedy. The soundtrack is absolutely kick-arse.
My male friends are so difficult when it comes to arranging an outing to Tron: Legacy. :colonhash:

The female ones, you say a date and time and it's sorted.
My male friends are so difficult when it comes to arranging an outing to Tron: Legacy. :colonhash:

The female ones, you say a date and time and it's sorted.

Whereas i managed to persuade mine to come to the midnight launch :awesome:

Damn you. :colonhash:

Guess I'll have to make do with a 5.30pm slot on Friday. :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)

:five:

Persuaded mine to go to the IMAX.

Let's just look at Ape. :colonhash:
FML. :emo:
Damn you. :colonhash:

Guess I'll have to make do with a 5.30pm slot on Friday. :colonhash:

You could take the trip to Glasgow and see it at the Science Centre. It's near SECC, just right along that same bit along the river. It's like £8 for the IMAX at the Science Centre, I'm sure there are booking costs involved as well.

Going to see it on Saturday, but at another one that isn't in the city centre, but slightly out, at Xscape. Awesome place. Would be quite difficult to get to from Dundee I'd imagine.
Just came home from watching The Tourist... I actually quite enjoyed it. I read quite a few reviews before going that said how dissapointing it was considering the fact that the two biggest names in Hollywood were working on this, but I dunno, I liked it. It was a bit slow but the twist at the end was awesome and you know, looking at Johnny Depp for 90 minutes (or however long it was) kept me going.
Original post by JellyyBeanyy
Just came home from watching The Tourist... I actually quite enjoyed it. I read quite a few reviews before going that said how dissapointing it was considering the fact that the two biggest names in Hollywood were working on this, but I dunno, I liked it. It was a bit slow but the twist at the end was awesome and you know, looking at Johnny Depp for 90 minutes (or however long it was) kept me going.

90 minutes is quite an impressive time to keep on going.
Original post by Madjackismad
90 minutes is quite an impressive time to keep on going.

Haha, Im easily pleased :biggrin:
Original post by Madjackismad
:five:

Persuaded mine to go to the IMAX.

Let's just look at Ape. :colonhash:

I'd have loved to go to an IMAX but as far as i'm aware there isn't one anywhere near Lancaster :emo:
*Joins* Watching films is my life :P. Really want to watch spirited away and the truman show as so many people have recommened it. I recommend a city of God and fight club :biggrin:

Latest