The Student Room Group

Do you not have a twitter acc? If not, why don't you want one?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Didn't say it was The Facebook killer, but it's part of future social networking, I'm sure some amazing social networking site that's better than facebook and twitter will come from nowhere in 2011 or something and start Facebooks' downfall, or it may be more than one website

I'm seeing quite a few people using foursquare as well now, don't know if that's gonna gain more popularity though, but it's likely to be because of a brand new social networking website that hasn't been made yet

If you ask me, check-in models like 4square and FB Places are counter-intuitive and will be short-lived. Services like Loopt and Google Latitude will be the future of location services as they require less user intervention.
It's something old people use to think they are part of social networking. They have failed.
Because there's nothing in my life that requires it to be told in X amount of characters.
Reply 23
I don't really understand Twitter. Is it not just a collection of attention seeking comments made by self confessed celebrity stalkers? I mean, Facebook is fine because you actually communicate with people who are your friends, but Twitter's just the incessant ramblings of people too 'busy' to actually invest a little bit of time in a social networking site that equates to anything, isn't it?

Spoiler

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't actually had any experience with Twitter, I almost got caught up in the initial craze, but after trying to create an account with no avail due to the crazy amount of taken usernames (which just add to the impersonal feel of it) I gave up.

I even tried a username consisting of my full name, pet's name and address, and it was taken :lolwut:
I don't see the point in being on like 3 different social networking sites to achieve the same objective. I don't want to follow celebs on twitter and I already have facebook to talk to friends.
Reply 25
Original post by i.am.lost
As opposed to TSR :rolleyes:

Yes. At least with a forum you get an input of different opinions, links to news stories/music/recommendations of things etc etc

Im not saying its not a waste of time, but Twitter is beyond awful.

http://twitter.com/STEPHENFRY
http://twitter.com/charltonbrooker

2 people i like at a browse....

'Oh, and while I'm here, been v quiet as putting new shows together, including a 2010 Wipe special for BBC2 this Xmas...' is the only bit i was mildy interested in on both pages.. ill just watch QI or read Brookers articles!
Because I don't feel the need to tell everyone what I'm doing every second of the day, or read whatever pointless things other people may be nattering about. :rolleyes: I just don't see the point in Twitter.
(edited 13 years ago)
i do not have a twitter account because i'm not that into internet social networking. i only just made myself a facebook account a few weeks ago and i've probably logged into it 3 or 4 times since.
Original post by EggmanD
Yes. At least with a forum you get an input of different opinions, links to news stories/music/recommendations of things etc etc

Im not saying its not a waste of time, but Twitter is beyond awful.

http://twitter.com/STEPHENFRY
http://twitter.com/charltonbrooker

2 people i like at a browse....

'Oh, and while I'm here, been v quiet as putting new shows together, including a 2010 Wipe special for BBC2 this Xmas...' is the only bit i was mildy interested in on both pages.. ill just watch QI or read Brookers articles!

I think one's Twitter experience largely varies based on the type of people you follow. As someone who's actively working in/studying/interested in science and technology, I find it an extremely useful information platform where I can also connect with people who have similar interests and share what I'm doing/something interesting I've read.

Following celebrities is largely a waste of time as most of them use it to fuel their egos or shamelessly plug their shows and music (there are some exceptions like Alyssa Milano)
I have one but never use it. I never have anything I particularly want to say and the sort of things other people post isn't necessarily interesting. I mainly joined for the "omgeezers, I'm going to follow Stephen Fry and read all the amazing things he as to say" type reasons, but lets face it, in reality it's all rather boring =P
Reply 30
Original post by Democracy
Twitter is for mongs, it's the most pathetic, egotistical thing on the internet.

This.

It's basically just the status bit on Facebook.
Twitter just looks like a site with Facebook statuses only, and nothing else. I can see how to may be useful for some people, but it just doesn't appeal to me personally. I feel like Facebook has a lot more to offer.
Original post by Colbert
It's something old people use to think they are part of social networking. They have failed.

Oh dear, must be past it at 21 then :tongue:
Original post by hannah_dru
Oh dear, must be past it at 21 then :tongue:

I'm 22 :ninja:
Original post by Colbert
I'm 22 :ninja:

:rofl: Ancient.
Reply 35
If you ask me Twitter is just a streamlined version of the Facebook wall. It's great if you insist on posting your thoughts every ten seconds, but for pretty much every other aspect of social networking it's useless. If anything Facebook will be the one to kill Twitter, not the other way round.
I only recently created an account. All my friends had one and would usually talk about it but it never really appealed to me to be honest. The only reason I created one was because my friend kept bugging me about making one. I use it every now and then.
I made an account but have never used it. I don't know how to for a start. Plus it's just another site where I can waste my time..
Reply 38
I have an account, I don't "tweet", anything however, I just read what either funny people write or famous people write, usually on my phone while taking a dump too, kills 5 mins
I use it to piss off celebs such as Lord Suggs. :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending