The Student Room Group

I’m worried I’m going to be outed

I post pics of myself, mainly selfies and the occasional shirtless pic to twitter and every time I post I receive thousands of likes, I am however closeted, however on twitter I don’t state this. Over the weekend I was checking in to a hotel in Manchester with my family and the male receptionist seemed to give me odd looks, I guessed he was gay and found him on Facebook which confirmed this, he also had multiple people who were friends with him on Facebook who I noticed followed my twitter.

My 2 questions are, why was he giving me these looks and stares? Could he know me from my twitter or?…

Also he obviously has access to my real name, address, contact info etc… is it likely he would want to out me or anything? Or am I paranoid
Reply 1
Also just to add, the waiter was very attractive could he have kept looking at me because he was attracted to me rather than thinking he knows who I am?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I post pics of myself, mainly selfies and the occasional shirtless pic to twitter and every time I post I receive thousands of likes, I am however closeted, however on twitter I don’t state this. Over the weekend I was checking in to a hotel in Manchester with my family and the male receptionist seemed to give me odd looks, I guessed he was gay and found him on Facebook which confirmed this, he also had multiple people who were friends with him on Facebook who I noticed followed my twitter.

My 2 questions are, why was he giving me these looks and stares? Could he know me from my twitter or?…

Also he obviously has access to my real name, address, contact info etc… is it likely he would want to out me or anything? Or am I paranoid

Nah bro he's probably just caught off guard if he recognises you from twitter or whatever, the most he will do is tell his mates. All is fine trust me
Reply 3
Original post by reidyy
Nah bro he's probably just caught off guard if he recognises you from twitter or whatever, the most he will do is tell his mates. All is fine trust me

Thank you, it’s made me worry so much! But I feel a lot better now. Hopefully all will be fine
One thing gay people don’t tend to do is out other gay people

I wouldn’t worry yourself
Reply 5
Original post by Johnny Valentine
One thing gay people don’t tend to do is out other gay people

I wouldn’t worry yourself

For some reason I convinced myself they’d show the pics I post of myself to my family, mainly because I’m really paranoid about that and worry about coming out. Hopefully one day I’ll be me and out :smile:

Thanks for your reply!
Original post by Anonymous #1
For some reason I convinced myself they’d show the pics I post of myself to my family, mainly because I’m really paranoid about that and worry about coming out. Hopefully one day I’ll be me and out :smile:

Thanks for your reply!

Well, all I can do is send you some love and assure you that you are perfect as you are. In all the world, there is no one else quite like you, you are unique and for that reason, you are amazing

if you are thinking of going to uni, it is a chance to spend your time being who you are - “no one” else there knows your past so you can be the real you. You will find it’s an amazing feeling (or so I’m told)

In any event, I wouldn’t panic or worry - you can never go wrong on life being true to who you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending