The Student Room Group

'I didn't think of Iraqis as humans,' says U.S. soldier who raped 14-year-old girl

This is disgusting and disturbing!!! I hope he gets raped and killed in jail!
The pic of his victim is just heart breaking!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340207/I-didnt-think-Iraqis-humans-says-U-S-soldier-raped-14-year-old-girl-killing-her-family.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This has been around for ages, if you read the full story of how many people were in the cover up...you'll find it more disturbing...
So... this is what war does to people...
If he doesn't see them as humans, then he was happy to partake in bestiality?
I'm very disturbed by this whole thing.
It makes me so sad :frown:
Reply 5
Not surprising to be honest.
I bet he was a redneck.
Reply 6
That's horrific. But is that any different than troops in general being over there and killing people? True, it's not done with malice, or as simple as that. But it all ends in suffering.
Reply 7
Someone find me an example of just one war in history where this kinda thing hasn't happened.
I would've. No really.
Typical america, dumb, inhumane. Obscene behaviour. I feel physically sick.
Original post by basketofsnakes
*cue for let's all slag off the armed forces

What I also find disturbing is how the general public think soldiers should be immune from criticism. They carry out orders, often against their conscious, and enable injustice to take place. I don't care what their motives are or if they're "just doing their job" -- that's not loyalty, that's just them trying to wash their hands. You can call politicians evil or whatever you like, but the soldiers are making it happen on the ground.
Saw this on Lowkey's FB. Crazy people.
Saw that, and (even though I'm not condoning violence) you wonder why terrorists exist. Seriously that's just so ****ed up, the pic of the little girl who looked about 8/9 just freaked me out. He should be killed.
Reply 13
Original post by silent ninja
What I also find disturbing is how the general public think soldiers should be immune from criticism. They carry out orders, often against their conscious, and enable injustice to take place. I don't care what their motives are or if they're "just doing their job" -- that's not loyalty, that's just them trying to wash their hands. You can call politicians evil or whatever you like, but the soldiers are making it happen on the ground.

The worst thing is people deciding that everyone in every single Armed Force is the same, that they're all inhuamne, murderous, vicious people. That's the bigger crime, the bigger perpetuation of ignorance.

The Armed Forces are a cross section of society, sure there are bad apples, people who are inherently not nice, but there are people like that who've never come close the Armed Forces who've done far worse.

By all means ciriticise and vilify those who commit crimes, heinous or not, but painting every single serviceman with the same brush? Makes you look like the idiot, tbh.
Original post by Drewski
The worst thing is people deciding that everyone in every single Armed Force is the same, that they're all inhuamne, murderous, vicious people. That's the bigger crime, the bigger perpetuation of ignorance.

The Armed Forces are a cross section of society, sure there are bad apples, people who are inherently not nice, but there are people like that who've never come close the Armed Forces who've done far worse.

By all means ciriticise and vilify those who commit crimes, heinous or not, but painting every single serviceman with the same brush? Makes you look like the idiot, tbh.

I didn't criticise 'the armed forces' I simply said they should not be immune from criticism and your comment is case in point. Say anything against a soldier(s) and you're done for.

I agree with what you're saying generally about bad apples, but whenever our forces (any western force actually) commits a crime it's potrayed as an 'isolated incident' whereas when anybody else does it, it's in their inherent nature and we're above them or they don't like our way of life blah blah <insert huge generalisation>. Doubel standards.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lovely88
This is disgusting and disturbing!!! I hope he gets raped and killed in jail!
The pic of his victim is just heart breaking!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340207/I-didnt-think-Iraqis-humans-says-U-S-soldier-raped-14-year-old-girl-killing-her-family.html

He rapes a 14 year old girl. Raping is immoral and sick. You hope he gets raped in jail but that isn't immoral and sick? You also believe he should be killed? Well ain't you just one happy sane person rather than a twisted sadistic individual.
repulsive.
Reply 17
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
He rapes a 14 year old girl. Raping is immoral and sick. You hope he gets raped in jail but that isn't immoral and sick? You also believe he should be killed? Well ain't you just one happy sane person rather than a twisted sadistic individual.

whats wrong with getting the death penalty for rape?
Original post by givethanks

I am not pro-death penalty for any crime.
Reply 19
Original post by givethanks

Belief that the Death Penalty should be sought in a case and actively hoping for the person to die are two very different things. If you can't see the distinction then there's something wrong with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending