The Student Room Group

Can you like someone two years younger?

It is messed up that boys can like and date girls younger, but girls can't. I mean girls are more mature, but people think it's weird.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It is messed up that boys can like and date girls younger, but girls can't. I mean girls are more mature, but people think it's weird.

I totally agree however you need to make sure both of you are mature and are above 18 otherwise someone may comment your dating a minor and turn it into a big thing. So j would say like 23 and 21 is alright but 18 and 16 is not.

Anyways up to you those are just my options
Depends on the age tbh. My mate is 28 and his girlfriend is 22, so it depends on the age and the maturity of the people.
Reply 3
So, i understand what your saying but why is it weird for a girl to like a boy 2 years younger? Because in that example it was a guy two years older than the girl.
What are you on about? Girls can and do do that. My mum's 3.5 years older than my dad. As long as it's legal then it's perfectly fine for a chick to like a dude who's 2 years younger.
(edited 11 months ago)

Yeah me and my partner are 22 and 20. Provided the age gap is reasonable and not to far apart and things are kept legal.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
true but like what if tis girl is like 22 and te guy she likes is 20 that is considered weird
true but like what if tis girl is like 22 and te guy she likes is 20 that is considered weird

No it isn't...
Reply 8
my point exactly
my point exactly

What do you mean? It's fine for a 22-year-old girl to like a 20-year-old guy, it isn't weird like you said in the OP.
Reply 10
you have a point. but how do you know
you have a point. but how do you know

By living in the world.
Reply 12

it would only be weird if you MADE it weird
Reply 13

Well it's just not true. Girls are typically more attracted to men older than them and vice versa, but it doesn't make it weird for a woman to date a man younger than herself unless there's a large age gap or something else there.
Reply 14
Original post by Spelunker
it would only be weird if you MADE it weird

i dont friends do
Reply 15
Original post by souffle101
Well it's just not true. Girls are typically more attracted to men older than them and vice versa, but it doesn't make it weird for a woman to date a man younger than herself unless there's a large age gap or something else there.

cool that is really cool

wow ya think 2 years younger is werid... my ma is 42 and she is currently dating a guy that she met 6 months ago. Hes ******* 23 just 4 years more older than im. So im telling ya now, two years gap is completely normal.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by jporter896
wow ya think 2 years younger is werid... my ma is 42 and she is currently dating a guy that she met 6 months ago. Hes ******* 23 just 4 years more older than im. So im telling ya now, two years gap is completely normal.

wow. u should tell the people i know that
wow. u should tell the people i know that

if ppl are judging ya cuz of age gap then just ignore them.
Reply 19
ook it just annoys me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending