The Student Room Group

moon landing is fake

look I don't wanna be that guy but there are good reasons to believe it was fake. also, it could be honest, I'm just looking at the other possibility. the fact that we could go to the moon when smartphones were not revealed feels strange. Also with all this new technology Elon is literally struggling to get his rocket to last 2 minutes in the air. and at that time, they managed to take it to the moon with that little technology. idk it just doesn't feel right and my question is not why we haven't gone to the moon again cause there will always be reasons such as we don't need to, or pollution etc. still I think at that time green screen was becoming a thing and the race with soviet union made them fake it.

Scroll to see replies

Just sounds like a conspiracy for the sake of it. You lose a lot of credibility by overlooking any other launches or stuff like the ISS
In 1969 we had the technology to send people to the moon, but not the CGI technology we'd need to fake it.
Reply 3
You say 'moon landing is fake', singular. To which one of the six moon landings are you referring?
Wrong. We’ve been to the moon and you’ve just fallen victim to conspiracy theory delusion. What next, you think the Earth is flat??
Reply 5
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Wrong. We’ve been to the moon and you’ve just fallen victim to conspiracy theory delusion. What next, you think the Earth is flat??

Screenshot_20230720_190229_Facebook.jpg
Reply 6
Original post by ToGodly
look I don't wanna be that guy but there are good reasons to believe it was fake. also, it could be honest, I'm just looking at the other possibility. the fact that we could go to the moon when smartphones were not revealed feels strange. Also with all this new technology Elon is literally struggling to get his rocket to last 2 minutes in the air. and at that time, they managed to take it to the moon with that little technology. idk it just doesn't feel right and my question is not why we haven't gone to the moon again cause there will always be reasons such as we don't need to, or pollution etc. still I think at that time green screen was becoming a thing and the race with soviet union made them fake it.

Does it matter if it were fake?

Why are you demanding people go again? What difference does it make to you if someone (im guessing not you) has been to the moon or not?
Reply 7
Original post by ToGodly
I think at that time green screen was becoming a thing and the race with soviet union made them fake it.

The more impressive feat was the USA suppressing the Soviet Union's 'moon landing' in 1970, which itself was also likely faked. But the fact that very few in the USA know that the Soviet Union televised the first moon walk bumy a dog is quite something.
Reply 8
Original post by ToGodly

A lot of space exploration happened before smartphones were invented. Do you think all of that was fake as well? Or just Apollo 11?

Oct. 4, 1957 first artificial Earth satellite Sputnik 1 U.S.S.R.
Nov. 3, 1957 first animal launched into space dog Laika aboard Sputnik 2 U.S.S.R.
Sept. 14, 1959 first spacecraft to hard-land on another celestial object (the Moon) Luna 2 U.S.S.R.
Oct. 7, 1959 first pictures of the far side of the Moon Luna 3 U.S.S.R.
April 1, 1960 first applications satellite launched TIROS 1 (weather observation) U.S.
Aug. 11, 1960 first recovery of a payload from Earth orbit Discoverer 13 (part of Corona reconnaissance satellite program) U.S.
April 12, 1961 first human to orbit Earth Yury Gagarin on Vostok 1 U.S.S.R.
Dec. 14, 1962 first data returned from another planet (Venus) Mariner 2 U.S.
June 16, 1963 first woman in space Valentina Tereshkova on Vostok 6 U.S.S.R.
July 26, 1963 first satellite to operate in geostationary orbit Syncom 2 (telecommunications satellite) U.S.
March 18, 1965 first space walk Aleksey Leonov on Voskhod 2 U.S.S.R.
July 14, 1965 first spacecraft pictures of Mars Mariner 4 U.S.
Feb. 3, 1966 first spacecraft to soft-land on the Moon Luna 9 U.S.S.R.
Dec. 24, 1968 first humans to orbit the Moon Frank Borman, James Lovell, and William Anders on Apollo 8 U.S.
July 20, 1969 first human to walk on the Moon Neil Armstrong on Apollo 11 U.S.

And how about the six trips to the moon after that. Do you think they were all fake?
Love me a good conspiracy. Watch the WF's video on this topic. It goes into great depths to uncover the truth behind the moon landing, both providing evidence for and against it. No ulterior motive, just straight up solid investigative work.

have you considered that the moon landings are faked bcos the moon never existed in the first place...

Spoiler

ohhhh, I say
Reply 12
Original post by Charles III
ohhhh, I say

I can't keep up with your shapeshifting. Must be some kind of conspiracy but I haven't decided which one yet.
Original post by Notnek
I can't keep up with your shapeshifting. Must be some kind of conspiracy but I haven't decided which one yet.

Hello
Reply 14
Original post by TheYearNiner
Hello

Hi, are you still in year 9?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
In 1969 we had the technology to send people to the moon, but not the CGI technology we'd need to fake it.

How do you explain the amazingly drawn Mickey Mouse CGI. Clearly we had the technology- the landing was fake!
Reply 16
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
Love me a good conspiracy. Watch the WF's video on this topic. It goes into great depths to uncover the truth behind the moon landing, both providing evidence for and against it. No ulterior motive, just straight up solid investigative work.

No this is an extremely biased video that presents evidence as fact, saying "this is how it was faked". Any video on the topic is either pro or anti the conspiracy so you shouldn't use them to make up your mind. I recommend just having a good think instead.

Remember that with any huge event it is possible to find things that look out of place and if you join enough dots you will eventually make a picture. Conspiracy theorists focus on these tiny details and forget the overwhelming evidence on the opposing side of the argument.

EDIT: I made some assumptions about this video which are false.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 17
Look guys I’ve watched all the video on YouTube proving the moon landing is real. And I’m not just gonna believe in any conspiracy theory. I know the earth is not flat. Idk about the other moon landings. But the first one could be debated. Just like the government was hiding all that time the aliens are real. Or they have another life form.
Original post by Notnek

Dot Branning was killed off in Eastenders (and real life) so she could be installed as the top secret Head of the World Health Organisation.
I thought the TSR stereotype was that students on here are intelligent and academic

Quick Reply

Latest