The Student Room Group

'I didn't think of Iraqis as humans,' says U.S. soldier who raped 14-year-old girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
The worst thing is people deciding that everyone in every single Armed Force is the same, that they're all inhuamne, murderous, vicious people. That's the bigger crime, the bigger perpetuation of ignorance.

The Armed Forces are a cross section of society, sure there are bad apples, people who are inherently not nice, but there are people like that who've never come close the Armed Forces who've done far worse.

By all means ciriticise and vilify those who commit crimes, heinous or not, but painting every single serviceman with the same brush? Makes you look like the idiot, tbh.
As far as I'm concerned, any kind of generalisation about anybody's character based on their job is idiotic.

People coming out with "OMGZ all soldiers epic heroes kiss the ground at their feet" is just as retarded as "OMZ all soldiers epic murdering bastards hang them all".

I realise you probably agree, it's just you didn't mention the people who generalise them in a 'heroes' way. And I felt I needed to point them out.
Reply 21
Original post by Drewski
Belief that the Death Penalty should be sought in a case and actively hoping for the person to die are two very different things. If you can't see the distinction then there's something wrong with you.

What is the difference here? I hope he does, after killing three people and raping this young woman.
Reply 22
You have never been to war so i don't think you can see things from somebody who has experienced it. Not justifying him, but it is what it is.
Reply 23
Original post by givethanks
What is the difference here? I hope he does, after killing three people and raping this young woman.

Any loss of human life is tragic and wrong. How can someone show remorse and regret and come to terms with what they've done if they're dead?

Wishing death upon someone, and showing glee that that has been done to them, is just as bad as wishing to go out and kill yourself.
Reply 24
'If I thought that was an OK thing now, I wouldn't be much of a human being,' Green said.

Your not a human being, your a ****ing monster. How is it that in the USA, a country which has the death penalty, this scumbag is given a custodial sentence?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
He rapes a 14 year old girl. Raping is immoral and sick. You hope he gets raped in jail but that isn't immoral and sick? You also believe he should be killed? Well ain't you just one happy sane person rather than a twisted sadistic individual.

It's not quite the same when this person raped an innocent 14 year old girl, killed her, her sister and both her parents. He doesn't deserve the luxury of prison.
Reply 26
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
He rapes a 14 year old girl. Raping is immoral and sick. You hope he gets raped in jail but that isn't immoral and sick? You also believe he should be killed? Well ain't you just one happy sane person rather than a twisted sadistic individual.

He raped and killed the family so therefore only the same punishment should be fair! A eye for eye..
Original post by Lovely88

Talking about not being human - Typical American hypocrisy.
:frown: Sickening.
Reply 29
No wonder terrorists exist
Reply 30
Mmmmm 14 year olds...
Reply 31
If this person doesn't believe Iraqis are humans then I suspect there is some psychological issues. In Islam, if a person is not sane, then he is immune from any criminal penalty.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by TheLloyd
You have never been to war so i don't think you can see things from somebody who has experienced it. Not justifying him, but it is what it is.

I kind of doubt he was entirely sane (or at least didn't have some very twisted ideas) before going to war...
same thing happened en masse in My Lai and in countless other locations and times during war.

he's sick, but after studying the psychological effects being trained for war can have on an individual, when he says he wouldn't have done it had he not been in the army, i believe him.

i mean, it's obviously possible he had it in him all along, but so many atrocities like this have happened in similar situations, it'd be naive to assume military training doesn't have a massive effect. they're trained to obey orders; to kill without thinking. it's drilled into them. people on this forum would do the same if they were put through the same training.
That's actually awful. I know it's happened throughout history and will probably carry on. It's such a shame

He does look a bit rapey though...
Reply 35
Thats grim, War is grim :frown:
Reply 36
Frankly, I feel much pity for him as well as the poor girl and her family who were killed. These people are all victims of the twisted American imperialism we've seen since the end of the Second World War; Michael Moore explains it well. What is truly disturbing is how many regularly come out in support of the US and NATO bombing and killed operations in foreign sovereign countries - that is what saddens me as what has been suffered by these few has indeed be suffered by millions and millions.

Green didn't testify at trial. During sentencing, he apologized and said he expects to face 'God's justice' when he dies.

Well that he will.
Reply 37
The American army really is full of nut jobs.
Original post by MissFanatical

Original post by MissFanatical
same thing happened en masse in My Lai and in countless other locations and times during war.

he's sick, but after studying the psychological effects being trained for war can have on an individual, when he says he wouldn't have done it had he not been in the army, i believe him.

i mean, it's obviously possible he had it in him all along, but so many atrocities like this have happened in similar situations, it'd be naive to assume military training doesn't have a massive effect. they're trained to obey orders; to kill without thinking. it's drilled into them. people on this forum would do the same if they were put through the same training.

Well obviously he wouldn't have done it if the opportunity didn't arise. However it did, and as a result of him being an evil individual he took the opportunity with both hands to murder that girl's family and rape her. The majority of people in that situation wouldn't do that with/without training, and he'd have done exactly the same thing if the opportunity arose elsewhere - even America. It's a bit like those people who go on killing rampages in the US and parts of Europe with guns, it doesn't happen in the UK because guns are much harder to acquire, if guns were commonplace you'd see it more often as people have the means to satisfy their bloody fantasies.
Reply 39
If you think this is bad read up on the ruthlessness of the Israeli army.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending