The Student Room Group

'I didn't think of Iraqis as humans,' says U.S. soldier who raped 14-year-old girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by warrior-1
Lol it was ironic...look at my previous posts.

Am a Sunni, Pakistani Muslim.

Yeah but since I don't know you, nor have I ever read your previous posts you came across as a pr*ck.

Sorry about losing my temper and swearing the crap out of you.
Original post by warrior-1
Guess you missed the irony.

Am a Muslim.

Oh right...well in that case, sorry.
Reply 122
Original post by cannella
I kind of doubt he was entirely sane (or at least didn't have some very twisted ideas) before going to war...

I agree with this. I think the war was a catalyst for this too happen, i still think that it was the main cause of it happening and nobody can understand unless they are on the front line.

Not justifying it, its wrong in every way. But i think the government needs to hold more responsibility during and once the soldiers leave the force. As alot of problems happen after.
Original post by amani-puresapphire
Thats a lame excuse in my opinion. War does not make you sexually frustrated.

Not sexually fustrated. Do you really think if he'd not been a part of this war he would consider Iraqis subhaman?
Reply 124
Original post by Lovely88
This is disgusting and disturbing!!! I hope he gets raped and killed in jail!
The pic of his victim is just heart breaking!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340207/I-didnt-think-Iraqis-humans-says-U-S-soldier-raped-14-year-old-girl-killing-her-family.html

I don't. :s-smilie: That's just sinking to his level. And it's still a sick thing to do regardless of whether or not they deserve it or not.
Original post by MissFanatical
no of course it isn't a new thing, it's just a massively overlooked thing ('it' being the influence army training has on an individual).

and your alternative would be?
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
Not sexually fustrated. Do you really think if he'd not been a part of this war he would consider Iraqis subhaman?

its possible - we dont know his personality beforehand
He was already a pathetic excuse for a human being before he even arrived in Iraq. In this article, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/28/AR2006072801492.html, he told a reporter BEFORE the killings that "I came over here because I wanted to kill people. The truth is, it wasn't all I thought it was cracked up to be. I mean, I thought killing somebody would be this life-changing experience. And then I did it, and I was like, 'All right, whatever.' "
He shrugged."
This man is deeply sick. Luckily he will never see the light of day again for what he did to that family or be present in civil society. For people wondering why he did not get the death penalty: the federal prosecutor did seek it, but all twelve of the jurors in Green's trial needed to agree on it. The twelve people could not come to a unanimous conclusion so he got life without parole.
Original post by amandacalifornia
He was already a pathetic excuse for a human being before he even arrived in Iraq. In this article, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/28/AR2006072801492.html, he told a reporter BEFORE the killings that "I came over here because I wanted to kill people. The truth is, it wasn't all I thought it was cracked up to be. I mean, I thought killing somebody would be this life-changing experience. And then I did it, and I was like, 'All right, whatever.' "
He shrugged."
This man is deeply sick. Luckily he will never see the light of day again for what he did to that family or be present in civil society. For people wondering why he did not get the death penalty: the federal prosecutor did seek it, but all twelve of the jurors in Green's trial needed to agree on it. The twelve people could not come to a unanimous conclusion so he got life without parole.

Precisely. He appears sane and culpable for his actions. Where is his Thousand Yard Stare? Why can he speak at length? Why doesn't he have tremor?

This was not done in grief or on the spur of the moment. It was a pre-meditated murder as he, in his own words, said he watched the girl and her family for a few weeks before killing her. Before his friends were murdered.

Spot the sub-human. :rolleyes:
This kind of issue really highlights the fine line between pleasure and pain.
Reply 130
He shrugged."

But the US govt is at the most fault is it not because there is a news report I saw in which it said that the US is notorious in employing thugs into the army. Unfortunatley, I can not find any link but it was a tv documentary of how destitute youths involved in crime are often easy targets to influence to join.
Reply 131
Can't decide what would be better, for him to suffer in jail everyday for the rest of his life, or to go to the chair.
Original post by Hamesh
But the US govt is at the most fault is it not because there is a news report I saw in which it said that the US is notorious in employing thugs into the army. Unfortunatley, I can not find any link but it was a tv documentary of how destitute youths involved in crime are often easy targets to influence to join.

... do you know of a country where the army does not have a lot of desperate, destitute youths?

And please don't say those kind of things if you're not informed. The extent of Stephen Green's previous criminal record was a few charges for underage possession of alcohol, tobacco and a bong. Hardly proof that he was a "thug." And he was not actively recruited by the army. He voluntarily sought out being enlisted. Even so, he needed a "moral waiver" from the army in order to serve. Admittedly, the army has increased the rate of issuing these as they're strapped for recruits while being engaged in unpopular wars. But still, moral waivers are specially given in individual cases to allow potentials "with minor criminal records and weak educational backgrounds" to serve. It's not like the army sets up a recruiting booth outside of jails. (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/14/us/14private.html)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 133
You do relise that the american goverment WANT soldiers like this.Makes the army A WHOLE lot more better and ruthless.

Every country wants this tbh.Look at japan in WW2.
This is just sad! I cant imagine how inhumane those people can be. My respects to all the Iraqi families who suffered from those Americans, first they take their land, and next they rape the girls and kill the people. America is just making up excuses to fight with countries that are developing and have a better future than itself. By the way, Iraq used to have 0% of illiteracy rate and was a very educated country until the war started. America also wants money because Iraq is a petrol-rich country. I truly feel sorry for all the American families who send their sons with the military and they should feel ashamed, but unfortunately they are actually proud. They should have some dignity and honor and not accept themselves being with such an army which rapes little girls and as a matter of fact, i think that a ten year old kid can know that it is wrong to do. I don't care if their boss is asking them to, they should have a brain big enough to tell them that it is cruel and wrong!!
What heartless animals they are and can they stoop any lower?
Reply 135
... do you know of a country where the army does not have a lot of desperate, destitute youths?

And please don't say those kind of things if you're not informed. The extent of Stephen Green's previous criminal record was a few charges for underage possession of alcohol, tobacco and a bong. Hardly proof that he was a "thug." And he was not actively recruited by the army. He voluntarily sought out being enlisted. Even so, he needed a "moral waiver" from the army in order to serve. Admittedly, the army has increased the rate of issuing these as they're strapped for recruits while being engaged in unpopular wars. But still, moral waivers are specially given in individual cases to allow potentials "with minor criminal records and weak educational backgrounds" to serve. It's not like the army sets up a recruiting booth outside of jails. (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/14/us/14private.html)

Ok, fair enough, amanda.
Original post by S129439
Not typical america. don't generalize a nation of 300 million people into the sick act of one mentally unstable soldier. It's not like the UK army hasn't committed atrocities.

My point exactly.
Again I as the question why is is that he doesn't receive a higher sentence when a US civilian would do, when he is mentally sane?
Reply 138
inb4 "this happens in all wars, get over it."

:colonhash:
Reply 139
Original post by Drewski
The worst thing is people deciding that everyone in every single Armed Force is the same, that they're all inhuamne, murderous, vicious people. That's the bigger crime, the bigger perpetuation of ignorance.

They all commit the same moral crime of fighting for causes they don't believe in. Being the puppets of illegality and corruption.

Vile story though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending