The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Some teacher in my secondary school solved it. He done it really quickly!
Reply 21
Yup 29 seconds, also, I have no life and no fiends.
I solved it the first time....using the internet LOL. You just set up how your cube looks like on the internet and it will show you what you have to do.

I think I spent 4 hours straight trying to solve it. Obviously I failed... I don't actually know the trick to solve it. :frown:
I can :biggrin:
Unfortunately, it's no great feat of intellect, and borderline impossible to do if you've not learned algorithms.

... But no-one has to know that :3
Reply 24
I've never had the opportunity to try. Maybe I'll buy one now!
Reply 25
me! it's easy once you know how.
If anyone is looking to cheat don't peel off the stickers and damage it, you can take out the little cubes and rearrange them :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by ikoghoo
Yup 29 seconds, also, I have no life and no fiends.

No fiends?.......surely thats a good thing :tongue:

Anyway, no I cannot and have never been able to solve a Rubiks cube!. I also used to pick the stickers off and put them back on.My cousin can do it properly though, really quickly too.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Done. I'm a wizard. Peel of all the stickers and rearrange them. :wizard:

Sorry dude, was meant to thumbs up you, but accidentally thumbs downed ya.

Will fix later.
Reply 28
I can do the 3x3x3. Usual layer approach. I used to do the last layer in 3 steps but I've forgotten a lot of the cases now. Average was about 35 seconds. Best was 28.

Edit: Also, no friends / life.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
There are very simple algorithms for solving Rubik's cubes. Pretty much anyone could learn - within about an hour - to solve one.
Reply 30
I can:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Ermmm, I dunno OP, how many people can solve a rubix cube?
Original post by Sabrinified
I can :biggrin:
Unfortunately, it's no great feat of intellect, and borderline impossible to do if you've not learned algorithms.

... But no-one has to know that :3

The algorithms are pretty easy to work out, assuming you know the general structure of the solution.
Reply 34
Original post by edd360
Ermmm, I dunno OP, how many people can solve a rubix cube?

Huh?
Reply 35
I tryed to, but i bought a cheap rubix cube that was poorly made, every time you turned it it would creek cause it was so stiff.

Might buy a decent one and try it
Reply 36
Original post by babygirl110
Huh?

I'm confused at what part you need explaining tbh...it was a fairly self explanatory post.
I can :biggrin: But tbh I just learnt the algorithm :P
I can.
I can.. to be honest, its a lot easier than it looks. It looks really impressive, but if you just read the manual that comes with the Rubiks cube when you buy it, learn the algorithms then solving it comes naturally.
Having said this, doing the structured way I do it, I can never solve it under 2 minutes, maybe if I have more time I will look into speed solving..

Latest

Trending

Trending