The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by oxford_destiny
To the contrary, I am the top student in one of the top grammar schools in the country (Head boy and all the trimmings), I am, by all measurements, the perfect candidate, and yet they declined. Also, please do not question my intelligence, I have too much integrity to get into a petty squabble with an underachieving buffoon of your standard.

And yet i would have thought your perfect grammar, would have led you to put a full stop after "trimmings".

Also did it ever occur to you that the richest men and women in the world often don't have extraordinary academic grades. Be it sports men and women or the duncan bannatynes of the world just because you got A* (im from scotland so don't know what the equivalent is) doesn't mean you will be brilliant and successful.

However you're probably a sad lonely troll so why am i bothering
Reply 161
Original post by anshul95
You bloody prat - I hate you. Just get over it like the rest of us.

Perhaps you should consider the fact that someone like me would not fit in with a 70% asian population. Think before you speak.
Original post by Roflhahalol

Original post by Roflhahalol
Your the same person as martin_ppe?

I am in a similar situation, it appears there is a running theme this year in the oxford administration that poorer students are being rewarded for their inadequacy with interviews.

Original post by Deema
No, I'm afraid you're incorrect, once again. Forbes (an American business magazine) is giving you this information? Please, do source. Cambridge has been recognised as this year's number one university in the world based on statistics, not opinion. If you'll read back I specifically did not say that Harvard was worse than Oxford, however if you are going to rank them in terms of statistics (which is the most reliable method), you will find this is the order: Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford and Dartmouth.

Claiming that Cambridge "struggles to breath the top 20" is ludicrous. Your bitter petulance is the only thing embarrassing here.

Please, don't lower me to internet namecalling. Do some research before letting your big mouth run away with itself.

Original post by anshul95
Well, my mum works in academia and my uncle used to know a lot of academics as well - the standards are EXACTLY THE SAME YOU FOOL. Just out of curiousity what school do you go to?

Well it's not some terrible comprehensive if that's what you're after. Private.
Hahahaha nice one :smile: I'm also getting a bit sick of all the 'why didn't I get in' threads...Very funny :biggrin:
Original post by Martin_PPE
I missed 3 weeks revision as I did not have a tutor. Learning from books is a useless way of revising and completely foolish and nonsensical when you have a tutor. I gained nothing from 3 weeks of reading while my family were in turmoil worrying about my impending GCSE exams.

If you're really as intelligent as you think you are, and you are in fact, the...'epiphany' (I believe you meant epitome?) of perfect, then I would imagine that revision without a tutor should be a doddle for one of 'Britain's best minds'. :wink:
Reply 165
As my father is close friends with the Dean of Oxford I had not even considered the prospect of a rejection, understandably, which compounds the injustice I have been served.

Ah well, I guess I will dry my "tears" with the affirmative letters from Harvard and Dartmouth. And to all those being jealous and calling me arrogant maybe you should experience being the perfect match for a college and it being your dream from an early age to then be shot down. Of course I am exponentially better off with studying in the states, so I am overall better off.

There is no Dean of Oxford. Pathetic troll is pathetic.

Original post by Martin_PPE
I missed 3 weeks revision as I did not have a tutor. Learning from books is a useless way of revising and completely foolish and nonsensical when you have a tutor. I gained nothing from 3 weeks of reading while my family were in turmoil worrying about my impending GCSE exams.

Even if you weren't a troll and were genuine, you'd be pretty awful at Oxford then, when the vast majority of work is undertaken through this 'useless way of revising'. But you're a troll, so it doesn't matter.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 166
Reply 167
Please, don't lower me to internet namecalling. Do some research before letting your big mouth run away with itself.

I don't think anyone's opinion of you can be lower at the moment. I have done the research. As it so happens, in the last half an hour or so, the international university league tables haven't changed. You are still wrong.
Reply 168
Original post by EdmundB
Even if you weren't a troll and were genuine, you'd be pretty awful at Oxford then, when the vast majority of work is undertaken through this 'useless way of revising'. But you're a troll, so it doesn't matter.

Why is my situation so unbelievable? I have lived a life of privilege and yes, I am aware of that. Should I be penalised for having had a financial advantage in life? For a left winger you're bordering on discriminatory.
Reply 169
I know this is just a troll trying to be funny, but personally I think it's all a bit tasteless.

I know I'm a complete fool for thinking it, but during my interview the tutor kept emphasising how 'amazing' and 'brilliantly' I had done, which actually gave me a bit of hope. Seeing someone ridicule that feeling by pretending to be a disappointed candidate is just not funny in my opinion.

Besides, it will lead to many people thinking that all rejected applicants are just as arrogant and ridiculous as you are (or that the person that you are pretending to be is). So can't you just stop this now? :s-smilie:
Martin_PEE and Oxford_destiny, both of you are really sad people.

Trolls :no:
You're clearly not smart enough to go to Oxford. If you were you'd easily see the following:
1) The interviewer never guaranteed you a place. Hints do not equal guarantees. Verbal contract don't mean anything unless you have recorded the person saying what you claim they said.
2) You haven't been made an offer and yet you start planning on living in Oxford already, buying stuff with their university logo on? Thats just stupid.
3) Cool story bro.
4) Troll. ;P

Latest

Trending

Trending