The Student Room Group

PPS Catz

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kurenai

@Kurenai~~I live in Beijing. At least that Chinese guy didn't apply to St Catharine's....otherwise Dr Wydra can not even remember my face :P....

I think I am fine with St Catharine's environment.
Reply 21
Yes, he said he didn't know exactly but there were something like that many...
I don't know Herbert Hu...the government have put a cap on student admissions numbers, so I'm not sure how many people they'll be able to let it...we'll just have to wait and see I suppose. :smile:
Reply 22
Has anyone had offers from any of their other unis yet? I'm hearing so many stories of people getting offers already and I'm starting to worry, I haven't heard anything!
Kurenai, I saw you on the Bristol thread! What other unis are you applying to?
Reply 23
I'm applying to UCL, Bristol, Bath and RHUL. Got offers from RHUL and Bristol but Bath said they will hold me until Jan 15 and just received questionnaire from UCL. It seems that I wont hear anything else before Xmas so dont worry, we are all waiting, I think :smile: At least they havent rejected us :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by blackpot
Yes, he said he didn't know exactly but there were something like that many...
I don't know Herbert Hu...the government have put a cap on student admissions numbers, so I'm not sure how many people they'll be able to let it...we'll just have to wait and see I suppose. :smile:

I have an offer from York but have been rejected from Bristol and Durham despite already having my A Levels. Just got Exeter and Cambridge to hear from now but looks like I'll probably be going to York. I told Dr Wydra that I hope it's good news :P
I got one from Durham and one from St Andrew's, also a questionnaire like Kurenai from UCL...I think we will not hear anything from any university until next year Jan. Don't worry blackpot, you will be fine. Which universities you applied to?
Reply 26
Apart from Cambridge, I've applied to Durham, York, Warwick and Bristol. I'm just so terrified that I'm going to get 5 rejections!

Apart from Cambridge, I've applied to Durham, York, Warwick and Bristol. I'm just so terrified that I'm going to get 5 rejections!

Don't worry, Warwick is often very slow, you won't hear from them until next March or April I suppose. Which subject did you apply to at Durham? Psychology? I got that offer in early November. St Andrew's is the quickest one~:smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Herbert.Hu
Don't worry, Warwick is often very slow, you won't hear from them until next March or April I suppose. Which subject did you apply to at Durham? Psychology? I got that offer in early November. St Andrew's is the quickest one~:smile:

Yeah psychology...I'm not TOO worried, 'cause I know that lots of people haven't heard from here and there...but I just seem to be the only one who hasn't heard from ANY unis :s-smilie:

So are people looking forward to christmas? :smile: Do you celebrate christmas in Beijing and Vietnam? I know they don't really in the part of China my boyfriend's in.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by sentiment
I have an offer from York but have been rejected from Bristol and Durham despite already having my A Levels. Just got Exeter and Cambridge to hear from now but looks like I'll probably be going to York. I told Dr Wydra that I hope it's good news :P

Ooh I quite fancy York at the moment, maybe I'll see you there :smile: If they don't reject me that is :s-smilie:
Reply 30
In Vietnam we dont celebrate Xmas officially like here (when you have holidays and traditional meals etc) but young people will have a night out and shops will offer sales off in Xmas season. That's why last year when I first came here, I expected Xmas to be a chance to go out but eventually found everyone inside prepare for the cooking and decorations :biggrin:

In my country, and I'm pretty sure in China too, we celebrate Lunar new year which is going to be on Feb the 3rd 2011, I think :biggrin:

Blackpot, I understand how you feel as I felt exactly the same when I hadnt heard anything from anywhere, even RHUL, which is my insurance choice, and saw many people got offers from RHUL already. I know it's hard to relax until you have somewhere to rest on but I believe you wont get all rejections :smile:
Reply 31
Ooh I quite fancy York at the moment, maybe I'll see you there :smile: If they don't reject me that is :s-smilie:

Well they gave me an offer and nobody else has yet so I'm sure you'll be fine! Hopefully we'll both just get into Cambridge and then nothing else matters.
Reply 32
Well they gave me an offer and nobody else has yet so I'm sure you'll be fine! Hopefully we'll both just get into Cambridge and then nothing else matters.

Ha yeah, fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by kurenai
In Vietnam we dont celebrate Xmas officially like here (when you have holidays and traditional meals etc) but young people will have a night out and shops will offer sales off in Xmas season. That's why last year when I first came here, I expected Xmas to be a chance to go out but eventually found everyone inside prepare for the cooking and decorations :biggrin:

In my country, and I'm pretty sure in China too, we celebrate Lunar new year which is going to be on Feb the 3rd 2011, I think :biggrin:

Blackpot, I understand how you feel as I felt exactly the same when I hadnt heard anything from anywhere, even RHUL, which is my insurance choice, and saw many people got offers from RHUL already. I know it's hard to relax until you have somewhere to rest on but I believe you wont get all rejections :smile:

Ha, that must have been weird :smile: So which kind of christmas do you prefer?

Well I really really hope I won't get 5 rejections!! I'm going to try not to think (obsess!) about it over christmas though :s-smilie:
Reply 34
Original post by theapplicant1
how did you guys all feel at the end of the interviews? i mean what did the DoS say to you - was it just like "thanks, goodbye!" or did they say anything else?

Heyy :smile: Well for me, they both asked me if I had any questions, then pretty much thanks, goodbye. I had asked him if it were true about the huge number of applicants and he said yeah, so I said "ooh that's scary, I don't have much of a chance then" and said "don't worry about it, you've had two really good interviews" (which wasn't true, he was just being polite :P)
Than yeah, thanks and goodbye. Why do you ask, did you have a different experience?
Reply 35
For those of you who were wondering, my friend's sister who graduated Cambridge in PPS this year, she heard that Catz interviewed 46 of the 55 applicants this year..so basically, we're screwed.

For those of you who were wondering, my friend's sister who graduated Cambridge in PPS this year, she heard that Catz interviewed 46 of the 55 applicants this year..so basically, we're screwed.

Still worrying, even like this, they will only take 10 for maximum and normally just 5-8 I think...:frown:
Reply 37
Original post by Herbert.Hu
Still worrying, even like this, they will only take 10 for maximum and normally just 5-8 I think...:frown:

Hopefully some of us will get pooled to other colleges, unless it was like this across the board which seems unlikely.
Reply 38

Seriously? :frown: 1 week 'til we know I suppose :s-smilie:
Hopefully some of us will get pooled to other colleges, unless it was like this across the board which seems unlikely.

if i'm honest, i think there will be increases in the numbers of applicants for PPS to all colleges, and the university as a whole, with some colleges going up markedly (catz?), and some maybe not so much (the graduate colleges?). anyway, even if i were lucky enough to be pooled, i doubt i'd get a place...don't they base it on some sort of auto-pool (i.e. amazing academic record? like above 90ums in all AS' and 9a*s or more at gcse...which i don't have btw :P)

Oh well, we shall see !

Quick Reply

Latest