Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

psychology offers or rejections anyone? the waiting is so annoying :frown:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Chloefitch
psychology offers or rejections anyone? the waiting is so annoying :frown:

A friend of mine got a rejection for psychology during the xmas holidays. I was shocked as I was positive he would get an offer :frown:
Original post by Pink_butterfly
A friend of mine got a rejection for psychology during the xmas holidays. I was shocked as I was positive he would get an offer :frown:

Really? ahh do you know what his grades were like etc? I so desperately want to go there but they seem to enjoy taking their time :frown:
Original post by Chloefitch
Really? ahh do you know what his grades were like etc? I so desperately want to go there but they seem to enjoy taking their time :frown:

We're mature students doing an Access course so different criteria applies to us. He did have experience though and an excellent personal statement, but there you go!

P.s. I am in Gloucester :smile:
I know the Maths department is considering all application at the same time but when?
Reply 545
Original post by mishieru07

Original post by mishieru07
I think so! :smile: Unless KCL decides to give me a reduced offer (not going to happen, so that's moot)

Have you sorted out your firm and insurance?

Nice! You've received an offer from KCL??????? Then whats your Firm?

Nope I haven't, waiting on LSE/KCL! Hopefully get at least one!
Reply 546
Anyone know of any maths offers?
Original post by infoexpertx
I know the Maths department is considering all application at the same time but when?

Original post by r_mar
Anyone know of any maths offers?

Nothing will come through for Mathmo's until after 15th Jan.
Reply 548
Original post by infoexpertx

UK applicants 15th Jan and after

International applicants as they are recieved :angry:
Original post by welldoesntthissuck
Aw man. That's sucks. Where else have you applied?

Sheffield
Nottingham
Birmingham
Essex

I got offers from all..just not Bristol :/
Aerospace department at Bristol rejected me like a bitch and didn't even bother to inform me!

Funny thing was the electro engineering department picked up my application and will be interviewing me for that!

I have terrible experience with electricity as well :s
Reply 551
Original post by chaz1992
Aerospace department at Bristol rejected me like a bitch and didn't even bother to inform me!

Funny thing was the electro engineering department picked up my application and will be interviewing me for that!

I have terrible experience with electricity as well :s

How do you know you've been rejected then if you haven't been informed? :s-smilie:
Reply 553
Got rejected for Biology. On my birthday ):
Original post by IHeartAmerica1993
How do you know you've been rejected then if you haven't been informed? :s-smilie:

Dear Charlie

Thank you for your application to study at the University of Bristol.

I regret to inform you that your application to Aeronautical
Engineering has been unsuccessful. This is partly a result of this
Department being very over-subscribed.

I am writing to you because your application has been passed to me in
Electrical and Electronic Engineering for my consideration. Our Department
still has places on its degree programmes and I confirm, given your
excellent academic abilities, I am happy to consider you for a place at
Bristol.

So Yeh.
Anyone heard for Psychology since the xmas hols?
Original post by Pheebs1201
Anyone heard for Psychology since the xmas hols?

Not me but hopefully they won't keep us waiting too much longer as the deadline is fast approaching. Btw I'm sorry about Cambridge, I hope you're not too upset :frown:
Original post by hayheyley
Not me but hopefully they won't keep us waiting too much longer as the deadline is fast approaching. Btw I'm sorry about Cambridge, I hope you're not too upset :frown:

Hey yeah I hope we find out soon, is it your top choice now? I imagine it'll be after the deadline though, we should stalk last years thread and find out when they started giving out offers last year! :colone:

Ah I will admit, I was dissappointed but at least the pressure is off a little with regards to grades :redface:
Original post by Pheebs1201
Hey yeah I hope we find out soon, is it your top choice now? I imagine it'll be after the deadline though, we should stalk last years thread and find out when they started giving out offers last year! :colone:

Ah I will admit, I was dissappointed but at least the pressure is off a little with regards to grades :redface:

No St Andrews is my top choice now and I'm not really sure which of Bristol and Exeter I prefer... Exeter is more suited to me but I think I prefer Bristol's course so :dontknow: I was going to ask you but didn't you say you weren't sure which you like best? Have you had any more thoughts? (Or am I getting you confused with someone else?!)

Stalking last year's thread = awesome idea. I wouldn't be surprised if they start later this year though what with all the extra competition we have to put up with :frown:

You have some pretty awesome offers so you shouldn't be disappointed! And that is very wise re. grades - there's a reason I didn't apply anywhere that normally asks for anything above AAA :wink:
Original post by hayheyley
No St Andrews is my top choice now and I'm not really sure which of Bristol and Exeter I prefer... Exeter is more suited to me but I think I prefer Bristol's course so :dontknow: I was going to ask you but didn't you say you weren't sure which you like best? Have you had any more thoughts? (Or am I getting you confused with someone else?!)

Stalking last year's thread = awesome idea. I wouldn't be surprised if they start later this year though what with all the extra competition we have to put up with :frown:

You have some pretty awesome offers so you shouldn't be disappointed! And that is very wise re. grades - there's a reason I didn't apply anywhere that normally asks for anything above AAA :wink:

Haha yep thats me, I am unsure but at the moment Im leaning towards Warwick. I think it would be a good idea to accept a lower offer to take the pressure off a bit as I do have M.E (chronic fatigue syndrome) and am unsure I'll even get AAA. Obviously working my butt off would be worth it for Cam but alas it wasnt meant to be. I live in Cornwall and applied to Exeter because it was close to home but now im wondering if its too close lol?! Strange I know :rolleyes:

Will definitely be going to all 3 post offer open days (hopefully a fourth if I get bristol, fingers crossed...) so hopefully that'll help. I wish you TONNES of luck with St.Andrews :biggrin: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending