The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Had a look at the 'stalking' thread.

Doesnt look good for Birmingham GEP - they are interviewing right now so probs a rejection on the way.

Again, doesnt look good for Newcastle GEP either - they are interviewing right now so probs a rejection on the way.

Liverpool - awaiting interview.

Warwick - rejected a bunch so must have made it past the first (UCAS score based) cut. Could go either way.

Tense stuff.
Reply 161
Original post by jumpinthehurdles
Barts on the 16th for the GEP.

Does anyone know what the deal is if you applied to the 4 and 5 year course? will they interview twice or do they only consider you for one?

Whooop!! I got the same day interview! :biggrin:.... Rather newvous though gotta admit!! The only graduate med course iv applied to and the only one whos replied with an interview! XDD
Yay Barts interview on the 16th for me too!

Was anyone here at King's GPEP interviews yesterday? If so, how did it go for you? I honestly can't tell how mine were :s-smilie:

So now here is my situation:
Barts: interview 16/2/11
Imperial: interviewed 1/12/10
King's: interviewed 11/1/11
Oxford: rejected

Good luck to everyone.
Sorry for double posting, but why did someone downvote my last (and indeed first ever) post?! I wasn't aiming to be provocative!
Original post by roystonvesey
hello

Birmingham GEP - acknowledged but no word yet

Can i ask in what form did you get an acknowledgment from B'ham GEP? The only thing i got was the email wishing me a Merry Xmas, did you get the same?
Reply 165
Original post by LaRoar
Liverpool GEM, huh. That's my cue to panic then, they're my top choice by a country mile :frown:

Congrats on your interview though!

don't panic - they said in their letter that they're interviewing til the end of march so there's still time!
Original post by red_bull

Original post by red_bull
not heard from southampton yet (except an acknowledgement)
just found out i have an interview at liverpool in the 14th feb but won't hear the result until the end of march
both are for GEM courses

Someone said that they found out around the 13th for soton last year so am expecting to hear around the next few days! Got an interview at Bham but just want this soton place so I can relax although it's pretty hard to get in with 40 applicants per place!
Reply 167
Original post by Sparko13
Can i ask in what form did you get an acknowledgment from B'ham GEP? The only thing i got was the email wishing me a Merry Xmas, did you get the same?

Yep that is exactly what I have had from Bham too.
Reply 168
Had a look at the 'stalking' thread.

Doesnt look good for Birmingham GEP - they are interviewing right now so probs a rejection on the way.

Again, doesnt look good for Newcastle GEP either - they are interviewing right now so probs a rejection on the way.

Liverpool - awaiting interview.

Warwick - rejected a bunch so must have made it past the first (UCAS score based) cut. Could go either way.

Tense stuff.

Hey Roystonvesey, just wondering about what you said with regards to Warwick. Where/from whom did you find out about what they use to score out first batch for rejections?
(edited 13 years ago)
In response to the couple of posts above re my earlier post.

Got info from internet (cant remember exact source) than warwicks first cut is by UKCAT score. just rank by number and take the top third or so i thought...

as for acknowledgement from bham - all i got was an xmas email too. i took this as confirmation of my application, no further news.

anyone not heard from newcastle GEP yet?
Original post by jumpinthehurdles
Barts on the 16th for the GEP.

Does anyone know what the deal is if you applied to the 4 and 5 year course? will they interview twice or do they only consider you for one?

They'll interview you twice if you applied to both :smile:

Congratulations on getting a GEP interview at Barts :biggrin:
In response to the couple of posts above re my earlier post.

Got info from internet (cant remember exact source) than warwicks first cut is by UKCAT score. just rank by number and take the top third or so i thought...

as for acknowledgement from bham - all i got was an xmas email too. i took this as confirmation of my application, no further news.

anyone not heard from newcastle GEP yet?

All I've heard from Newcastle is an email asking me to take a survey about which courses I applied to.

Still waiting to get rejections/interviews from all 4 choices (Newcastle, Warwick, Leicester and Barts). My UKCAT average was around 675 I think, so I'm surprised Warwick haven't sent a rejection yet!
Reply 172
Hey everyone. After having read this I feel for you all. GEP looks like a horrendous process. I've got it all to come next year. Sorry to hijack the thread but all the Grad medics seem to have gathered here. What I wanted to ask all you lovely people where how much weighting do they put on A-level grades?
I obtained BCC(Maths,Bio and Chem respectively). Currently on a 1st. How will this affect my chances of getting interviews and obtaining offers? Anyone in a similar position to me and either got a an offer or have been invited to interview?
Original post by Aneurysm
Hey everyone. After having read this I feel for you all. GEP looks like a horrendous process. I've got it all to come next year. Sorry to hijack the thread but all the Grad medics seem to have gathered here. What I wanted to ask all you lovely people where how much weighting do they put on A-level grades?
I obtained BCC(Maths,Bio and Chem respectively). Currently on a 1st. How will this affect my chances of getting interviews and obtaining offers? Anyone in a similar position to me and either got a an offer or have been invited to interview?

With regards to your A-level grades it totally depends on the university. For example if i recall correctly, Warwick don't look at them, but Liverpool still require something like 3 A's or AAB. Then some like Sheffield i think require certain grades at A-level depending on your degree class but don't look at them if you get a 1st. In short, it varies from uni to uni.

I also got BCC at A-level and received no interviews at all last year (very bad choices based on my circumstances so wasn't surprising in hindsight!), but now that i have my degree classification i have so far had one interview...still waiting on the rest. So yes you can get offers/interviews. Just give it the best you can for your degree and then try your best to nail the admissions tests and obviously write a good PS. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Aneurysm

As sparko said, as long as you apply smart it shouldn't matter. Some unis look at your a-levels, but some don't care about them if you have a degree. I have CDE at a-level and have had two interviews and no rejections yet this cycle. :smile:
Reply 175
Original post by Fafthelibrarian

Original post by Fafthelibrarian
They'll interview you twice if you applied to both :smile:

Congratulations on getting a GEP interview at Barts :biggrin:

Hey,

congrats on Barts interview! I'm waiting to hear too but i'm away from home!! Can I ask did you just recieve a letter or email and letter?

And do you know if it changes your UCAS track status, Imperial rejected me and it showed up straight away as unsuccessful, and I checked Barts is still blank so maybe thats a good sign, or does yours say interview??!

I have an interview for Birmingham GEP on Monday 17th.

Good luck all!
Reply 176

hello

Im currently as follows:

Newcastle GEP - acknowledged but no word yet
Warwick GEP - acknowledged but no word yet
Liverpool GEP - interview 14th feb
Birmingham GEP - acknowledged but no word yet

anyone heard from Birm, Newc or Warwick yet?

best of luck guys.

Rob

Hey,

I got an interview request for Birmingham for an interview on 17th Jan. Hope you have heard by now too!

Good luck
Reply 177
Original post by Sparko13
With regards to your A-level grades it totally depends on the university. For example if i recall correctly, Warwick don't look at them, but Liverpool still require something like 3 A's or AAB. Then some like Sheffield i think require certain grades at A-level depending on your degree class but don't look at them if you get a 1st. In short, it varies from uni to uni.

I also got BCC at A-level and received no interviews at all last year (very bad choices based on my circumstances so wasn't surprising in hindsight!), but now that i have my degree classification i have so far had one interview...still waiting on the rest. So yes you can get offers/interviews. Just give it the best you can for your degree and then try your best to nail the admissions tests and obviously write a good PS. Hope this helps :smile:

Original post by Happy Insomniac
As sparko said, as long as you apply smart it shouldn't matter. Some unis look at your a-levels, but some don't care about them if you have a degree. I have CDE at a-level and have had two interviews and no rejections yet this cycle. :smile:

Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye on you and see how you do :P Also good luck with your interviews I hope you nail them.
Reply 178
Hey guys, it's great to hear how you are all getting on! Not posted before but literally just had an email tonight from KCL saying they have receied my app and are processing it. Very strange as the interviews were over past couple of days!!! Has anyone else had this occur- wondered why I just wasn't rejected. :s-smilie:
Original post by dremily
Hey,

congrats on Barts interview! I'm waiting to hear too but i'm away from home!! Can I ask did you just recieve a letter or email and letter?

And do you know if it changes your UCAS track status, Imperial rejected me and it showed up straight away as unsuccessful, and I checked Barts is still blank so maybe thats a good sign, or does yours say interview??!

I have an interview for Birmingham GEP on Monday 17th.

Good luck all!

I just got an email, worth checking your spam filter as I had that with SGUL. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending