The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

finally up to date with all the posts...

i think i have around 47 marks giving me a C

On question 7, i cant remember if i did c) correctly
and on d) i couldnt figure out it was a binomial mainly because n was so small at 3
so i did a tree diagram which should actually give me the same answer
i shud probably get around 60/75 will be an A????? pleasseeee tell mee....i was originally hoping for an A*!!! i've made some really silly mistakes ****
How did you guys find the paper? Dont you think the grade boundaries high ??? All my friends left the exam room way ealier than me
Reply 423
Thanks snowflakesblues
Im so relieved that A* only depends on C3 and C4
i need one for manchester
and this s2 went horrible :s-smilie:
Original post by aneesh
Thanks snowflakesblues

A* depends on C3, C4 and an application...the total of C3+C4+Application like M1, S2 etc.
should be 270 to get an A*
Original post by ngan_ta2001
How did you guys find the paper? Dont you think the grade boundaries high ??? All my friends left the exam room way ealier than me

i did very very bad around 60/75...considering i got 70/75 on the june past paper!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::frown::frown::frown::frown::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: i went hoping for an A*...bloody past papers put my hopes up. mad:mad:mad:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 426
soooo whats everyone thinking...

grade boundaries up? or down?

i think i dropped 6 marks max...hoping that gets me 90%
Original post by Geniusmiss
A* depends on C3, C4 and an application...the total of C3+C4+Application like M1, S2 etc.

That's not true, for Maths A Level you need 180 UMS from C3 & C4 combined, and a total of 480 UMS from all 6 modules :wink:

You only need 270 UMS from the three A2 modules in further maths :smile:
Original post by Andy Ftw
That's not true, for Maths A Level you need 180 UMS from C3 & C4 combined, and a total of 480 UMS from all 6 modules :wink:

check this out- http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/maths/pages/viewNotice.aspx?notice=1649
Original post by mashman9
soooo whats everyone thinking...

grade boundaries up? or down?

i think i dropped 6 marks max...hoping that gets me 90%

i did very very bad around 60/75...considering i got 70/75 on the june past paper!! i went hoping for an A*...bloody past papers put my hopes up. grade boundaries shud be down...but most people here did quite well :frown:

Yeah it agrees with what I said? :P
this paper had the same difficulty as the jan 2010 one imo, so i wouldn't be surprised if the grade boundaries were along the lines of 51 for a C, 58 for a B, 65 for an A and 70 for an A*.

Now i've got to nail M2 and C4.
Yeah it agrees with what I said? :P

omg yeahh!!!! i put it as a reply for ur post but it was meant to be for the person who askd....im so relived that A* dsnt depend on my application unit now!

That's what I was told. :smile:
Reply 434
i did very very bad around 60/75...considering i got 70/75 on the june past paper!! i went hoping for an A*...bloody past papers put my hopes up. grade boundaries shud be down...but most people here did quite well :frown:

well to be honest tsr members are more likely to find it easy, theres a girl in my class who got a D in a mock the morning of the exam....soo i dont think EVERYONE found it easy, so fingers crosses for reasonable grade boundaries :smile:

I think that was what aneesh meant xD
Original post by aneesh
Thanks snowflakesblues

Oh wow, I have an offer from Manchester to! :smile: But it's for Architecture, and I need AAA from M,FM an Art. I'm also very worried about the exams xD maybe see you there next year :smile:
Reply 437
For the second question (the one about the student guessing the questions), I stated the hypothesis wrong but got the rest correct. How many marks will that cost me?
Original post by jim93
For the second question (the one about the student guessing the questions), I stated the hypothesis wrong but got the rest correct. How many marks will that cost me?

A HUGE load of people seems to have done that. Either 1 or none at all
Reply 439
I don't think it'll go as high as 65, probably ~ 63 that question 2 was a weird one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending